Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Hart
England
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys

I'm running my first ever Mega Game in a month and a half and I need some game currency to use, coins or notes for my players. Does anyone have any UK sites that I could use to source this? Notes would be preferable but I'd prefer not to use monopoly money

Thanks
Rich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smith

Colchester
essex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been known to get hold of cash and pirate coins from the children's ELC shops in the past.
The cash was meh but needed , however the pirate coins were great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also Amazon, novelty sellers, printplaygames type sites have coins options in either plastic, metal or chipboard, if you don't want to make your own.

For my sci-fi game I just used a big bag of acrylic nuggets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy hundreds of those gold coated chocolate coins so people can eat when they finish. Probably somewhere like Asda already has christmas stuff for sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use stamping blanks as metal coinage for RPGs. You can see some examples on Etsy. They come in sufficiently different colours and sizes that you can set different denominations.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/245253349/200-pcs-antique-br...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Please God nobody recommend poker chips.

Here in the States you can buy big piles of play money at Dollar Stores. Three inch stacks. It might be worth checking online too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.