Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb

This is part of my series of reviews of how games have worked with my children. For the full list see: My children's game reviews - children aged between 2 and 12.

Fun Components:

The components are just cards, but they're brightly coloured with appealing pictures, and certainly the attractiveness adds to the gameplay.

Simplicity of rules:

The core rule of the game is the drafting mechanic, and it didn't take long for the children to learn that. The scoring was slightly more complicated, with all the cards having different scoring mechanics, but as an adult tends to score up, the finer details aren't so important to them, and they get the idea - collect two of these, three of these, as many of these as possible etc. The only slightly complicated rule was chopsticks, and oddly my 6 year old had no problem with this one, but my 9 year old seemed to get confused by it!

Randomness:

This is a light game, and although there are decisions to be made, there isn't a huge degree of skill, so a child is on a fairly equal footing with an adult at final scoring. Over many games an adult might come out on top, but in any individual game anyone is able to win.

Did the children enjoy it?

Early indications are that they love it - on the second sitting we played three games in a row, but it's too early to tell yet whether it'll be a long-term hit. There was lots of noise as they all shout "Sushi...Go" every time we pass cards, along with the name of the card they've taken afterwards - often accompanied by laughter towards the end when they end up with useless cards.

And how is it from the adult's point of view?

It's a light fun game to play with the children but with enough decisions to make that it's still interesting for the adults too. I can see us having some fun with this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.