Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Heckmann
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Refering to the seduction ability, the rules say that you ignore all abilities printed on the seduced character. Seems pretty straightforward. But the next sentence "clarifies" that "it will only count its strength for its owner". So if I seduce a character whose nationality gives him a bonus to his strength on the new location, does he get this bonus or is his nationality ignored?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the ability is called Patriotism (don't have the rules with me... and yes, it's an ability...

Just look at it this way regarding the seduction, any character that is seduced and gets moved will only contribute with his own strength value that's printed on his card... any hing else gets ignored

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Heckmann
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not talking about the nationalism-ability (I think that's the name, but I'm not sure since I own the German version). But that's kind of an interconnected question, does a seduced character work for another character's ability? No, what I was originally referring to are the two locations that increase if I'm not mistaken the strength of any British or German character deployed there. Those are "abilities" printed on the board, not on a specific character, so the question remains, whether a seduced character retains their nationality in regard to other abilities working with nationalities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harblnger wrote:
I'm not talking about the nationalism-ability (I think that's the name, but I'm not sure since I own the German version). But that's kind of an interconnected question, does a seduced character work for another character's ability? No, what I was originally referring to are the two locations that increase if I'm not mistaken the strength of any British or German character deployed there. Those are "abilities" printed on the board, not on a specific character, so the question remains, whether a seduced character retains their nationality in regard to other abilities working with nationalities.

ah those... in that case I think the strength is boosted because it's not due to a character's ability but due to a Location characteristic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harblnger wrote:
Refering to the seduction ability, the rules say that you ignore all abilities printed on the seduced character. Seems pretty straightforward. But the next sentence "clarifies" that "it will only count its strength for its owner". So if I seduce a character whose nationality gives him a bonus to his strength on the new location, does he get this bonus or is his nationality ignored?

In the English rulebook, the abilities are listed on pages 9 to 11. Nationality is not one of them. So I say the character receives the bonus because that is the "ability" of the location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The LOCATION increases certain characters strengths, then all characters strengthspoints in that location are added together. Seems really clear, no character abilities (beside strength) involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Orey
Portugal
Cascais
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

let's see if I understood your doubt.

The location "Hotel palácio"*: When resolving at this Location, Character tiles with the Great Britain flag gain +1 strength.
It means this Locations give to ALL Great Britain characters there +1 strength. It does not matter if he was seduced or not.

Nationality (Being French, English, German, etc) of a character is NOT an ability (Assassin, Diplomacy, Seduction, CONSPIRACY and NATIONALISM).

Did I help?

* Location "Hotel Atlântico" does exactly the same but this time for the German nationality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.