Tim Welch
England
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Hamish

Just wanted to check a couple of rules for the 3rd edition, that I couldn't find mentioned in the rules sheet.

PURPLE DIE
The rules only mention this being used for skill checks and Weather.
For defence rolls, the rules state "sum of two rolls of the BROWN die", yet the purple die also appears to have defence results as well, including "Penalty Against" which is mentioned in the rules.

Am I right in thinking that the defence have a choice of BROWN (no penalty but max roll 5) or PURPLE (max roll 6 but possible penalty) for each of their rolls? (E.g. 2 x Brown, 2 x purple, or 1 x brown and 1 x purple).

BIG HITS -> RUCK
Does a Big hit only generate a ruck turnover opportunity if it is Greater than the offence intensity, or also when it is equal to it?

ROLLING MAUL
Is a rolling maul (using a teams skill off a scrum or line-out win) an automatic try scoring chance if the defence do not have a skill that can bring it down, or does it have a numerical value that can be defended against?

Thanks
Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Sterling
Australia
Cairns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi Tim,

Sorry for the late reply!

IN answer to your q's:

Purple/Brown die - yes, either 2 rolls of one colour, or 1 roll of each for the Defense.

BIG HIT - needs to be higher/greater than, in order to try for a RUCK WIN

ROLLING MAUL - if the defending team does not have a bring down skill, it is a case of the attacking team pushing their luck to roll 3 green lights, followed by the TRY (black) die.

Hope that clears it up.....great questions by the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Welch
England
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Hamish

First two is how we'd been playing, but I hadn't seen any mention of the three green's for a ROLLING MAUL rule anywhere, so thanks for mentioning that.

Am I right in thinking that if the attack don't get three consecutive green lights, they start with their SH?

Also been playing with a clock rather than to a set score - playing 5 or 7 minute halves and playing until score / stoppage after time is up makes a fun game, and penalty kicks become much more critical

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Larsen
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question on the Rolling Maul was really helpful! Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.