6 Posts

Eclipse: Shadow of the Rift» Forums » Variants

Subject: Exploring from the nexus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I have Limited experience with the expansion but I am already thinking about the possibilities that the deep warp connections allow...
What if you could explore out of the nexus? In order to make it balanced and not the perfect turtling space for whoever controls it we could rule that any deep warp connection takes you to the nexus or any other tile in that Galaxy...

Just brainstorming here not tested but, thinking about the following:

Consider that the nexus has a connection on each side like the galactic center.

Only first level can be explored.

Setting up a special deck of 6 tiles for the nexus Galaxy, with chosen tiles, tiles explored in the nexus Galaxy cannot get discarded.

Substitute ancients by anomalies on those tiles.

We could even think of thematic galaxies including promo hexes there or some specific tiles like the rota ancient home worlds and so on to make them extra hard...

Just thinking aloud here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I play a nexus game, we decide as a group before hand whether the nexus tiles get shuffled into ALL hexes or we have exact size hex stacks for all three tiers and the Nexus tiles are in those (meaning the only way they won't come up is if not all tiles of that tier are explored). This way all three nexus connections are used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
tranenturm wrote:
If I play a nexus game, we decide as a group before hand whether the nexus tiles get shuffled into ALL hexes or we have exact size hex stacks for all three tiers and the Nexus tiles are in those (meaning the only way they won't come up is if not all tiles of that tier are explored). This way all three nexus connections are used.

I think you didnt get my point, I do that too, and also with the tiles that have normal warp gates.

I am talking about being able to explore a second galaxy that would be build from the galactic nexus tile you get to travel to when going through a deep warp portal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M0ebius wrote:
tranenturm wrote:

I think you didnt get my point, I do that too, and also with the tiles that have normal warp gates.

I am talking about being able to explore a second galaxy that would be build from the galactic nexus tile you get to travel to when going through a deep warp portal.

Gotcha. Does sound cool. Makes me think you could run a special double game at a convention. Two boards both stacked for Nexus and the two games have the potential for overlap... Horrendously complicated but cool to do once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
That would be a different thing. But it may be interesting as well, games would have to be in sync basically making both tables wait each other before combat phase each round...

What I am proposing is a expanded galactic nexus you could explore from and at least reach the 6 surrounding tiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would create and even bigger incentive to go there. You could also have each nexus hex connect to a different corner of your 7 hex setup. Not use the nexus core instead placing an Ancient home world in the center hex (or extra Galactic center of you had it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.