Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night some friends and I were playing GOT last night and had a rules question come up that I couldn't find an answer to and a brief search yielded both answers leaving me more confused than when I started, so I'm making a post here. Last night there was a battle between Baratheon and Tyrell. The Tyrell player had only one house card left for the combat and the Baratheon player played patchface. For reference Patchface allows the Baratheon player to discard one of the opponent's house cards "at the end of combat". I looked up the rules on refilling your house cards and it says that if a player has played their last card then they draw it "at the end of combat". These two events have the same timing phrase, but which one occurs first has drastically different effects on the game since the Baratheon player would either get to discard no house cards or one out of all the opponent's house cards. How does it resolve?

FYI I'm sure this isn't the official ruling but to settle it we considered this to be a "tie" in timing and allowed the player who was higher on the iron throne track, Baratheon, to decide the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:

Q: If the Baratheon player plays his “Patchface”
House card but his opponent is playing his last
remaining House card, does the Baratheon player still
get to discard one of his opponent’s House cards?

A: Yes, Patchface’s text ability would allow the
Baratheon player to discard one of his opponent’s six
House cards at the end of the Combat Clean Up step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andy.rice@att.net wrote:
From the FAQ:

Q: If the Baratheon player plays his “Patchface”
House card but his opponent is playing his last
remaining House card, does the Baratheon player still
get to discard one of his opponent’s House cards?

A: Yes, Patchface’s text ability would allow the
Baratheon player to discard one of his opponent’s six
House cards at the end of the Combat Clean Up step.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think to check if there was an official FAQ for some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.