Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Defeated during Other World encounter = Devoured? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marek Grzelczak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
One question concerning Other World encounters.
I presume that player can lose all his health or sanity during Other World encounter. If so, does it mean that player is devoured instead of defeated? I cannot find it in EH rulebook, but I remember that it worked that way in AH. Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marco_9 wrote:
I presume that player can lose all his health or sanity during Other World encounter.
Yes, they can.
Marco_9 wrote:
If so, does it mean that player is devoured instead of defeated?
No.
Marco_9 wrote:
but I remember that it worked that way in AH. Am I right?
No. When an investigator goes unconscious or insane in an other world, he is lost in time and space, not devoured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marco_9 wrote:
One question concerning Other World encounters.
I presume that player can lose all his health or sanity during Other World encounter. If so, does it mean that player is devoured instead of defeated? I cannot find it in EH rulebook, but I remember that it worked that way in AH. Am I right?

EH rules are usually very different to AH rules in many ways - so it's usually not safe to assume that if you can't find a rule it works as per AH.

See EH Reference Guide, page 7, under "Health and Sanity". "If an investigator has zero Health or Sanity, he is defeated."

There is no exception to this rule for Other World encounters; so, unless specifically stated in the encounter you are doing, the core rule applies: you are defeated and move to the nearest city space (usually your current space with the gate, if it's a city space).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.