Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys,

one simple question,: will this game be available for retail at this years Essen Spiel? It takes place 13th to 16th October.
I remember that there were small quantities of Imperial Assault and XCom available in the past years, so maybe this year as well?

greetings, Julian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing no, as the initial availability is supposed to be at the Arkham Nights event in Minnesota on the same weekend, and FFG has announced nothing about Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Asmodee own FFG, so I guess you never know...
My guess is it seems unlikely if it is being unveiled at Arkham Nights, but I would also be very interested to know when we can expect to see it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might. Wasnt that big star wars game released there in 2014 without prior notice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If FFG are still making Star Wars games in 20024...
I probably wouldn't be surprised!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Touché edited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am almost sure you can play it in german when you are visiting the Heidelberger Booth.

BR Stefan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
I am almost sure you can play it in german when you are visiting the Heidelberger Booth.
Do you mean as a prototype or the retail version?
At Heidelberger homepage it states: available 11/2016

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Prototype - just to play around

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a fun detail: star wars destiny is a collectible card game that FFG announced in the same day as this one that WILL be on sale at essen. Since they don't say anything about AH my guess is that we won't see much of it

Source: http://www.merz-verlag.com/uploads/2/1/4/0/21405396/neuheite...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kamerbeek
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missed opportunity, they could have sold a ton of those games in Essen and made a lot of gamers happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is still time my friends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Dedman
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vex85 wrote:
I am almost sure you can play it in german (as a prototype) when you are visiting the Heidelberger Booth.

BR Stefan

As we are now closer to Essen, is this still the case? No availability to buy the game in Essen at all? I heard a rumour that someone in some online blog had confirmed it would now be available at Essen...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
I heard a rumour that someone in some online blog had confirmed it would now be available at Essen...?

Could you please give us a link to that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slumpy wrote:
I heard a rumour that someone in some online blog had confirmed it would now be available at Essen...?

Sounds legit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Dedman
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enroth186 wrote:
Quote:

Could you please give us a link to that?

I can't as it was a verbal conversation with a mate who had seen someone in some online blog/review say something along these lines, as they are going to Essen. I have no idea who. I only asked here in case anyone else can confirm it as I want them to pick me up a copy - not trying to spread rumours myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Heidelberger Spieleverlag last week, and they could not confirm anything. Maybe they get some advanced copies (they had some last year for A Game of Thrones LCG 2nd Edition), but maybe not.

I preordered my copies in england now, so I get them end of october, when it gets released. If they happen to have them in Essen, I can always buy another two boxes and give those to a friend then, I guess.

I definitely expect to see the Arkham Horror LCG german demo around again, though, which they had at the german nationals weekend last month.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.