Popular Tags: [View All]
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Some terrain says it is destroyed when a monster moves through it. I imagine monsters would move through it when reacting or when it's the only path to reach a survivor. Any other reasons it might happen?

2. For terrain placement, how do you interpret things like "five spaces away from"? Is that five movement (so actually only 4 spaces between), or actually five spaces between? I'd say the latter former, since that is how range is always calculated in games, but some terrain cards actually use the phrase "at least X spaces between," so it seems inconsistent, and I wonder about the intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Monsters always take the most direct route to their target, even if there is terrain in the way. So they must move through it. Unless it's one of the very few pieces that even monsters can't go through.

2. Range isn't calculated that way. Range 2 doesn't mean there are two spaces between the attacker and target. It means one space, the target is on the second space. Terrain works the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DyingTickles wrote:
1. Monsters always take the most direct route to their target, even if there is terrain in the way. So they must move through it. Unless it's one of the very few pieces that even monsters can't go through.

2. Range isn't calculated that way. Range 2 doesn't mean there are two spaces between the attacker and target. It means one space, the target is on the second space. Terrain works the same way.

Thanks for confirming. I actually meant former, rather than latter, so I've edited accordingly. Didn't make sense otherwise. I was just uncertain because some terrain *does* seem to specify a certain number of spaces between, rather than "X spaces away from."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DyingTickles wrote:

This.

XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.