BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » Essen

Subject: Vegan/Vegetarian/Veg-Friendly restaurants in Essen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Caropreso
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hey, everyone!

I've been doing some research on veg-friendly restaurants in Essen, since the threads over here were a bit old and I couldn't be sure if the information was up to date.

As a result, I put together a map with a few options for the veggie gamers out there, mostly with information from The Happy Cow (https://www.happycow.net/europe/germany/essen/).

here's the link to the complete map, with routes to the nearest restaurants:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zYYaoGHyfIudqX2vzOcwQIBA6L...

Feel free to add new options to the map, I'll be happy to see it getting better =)

See you guys there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Brause
Germany
Duisburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In Essen is also a branch of the "Veganz" supermarket chain. It´s the ideal place to get some snacks for the convention. It´s close to the u-bahn station "Berliner Platz". And you can take the U11 directly to the Messe from there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mia N.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for putting that info together - so convenient!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can definitely recommend the Zodiac, both their pizzas and their restaurant are excellent. The restaurant gets busy during Essen so you probably need to book.

There is a branch of the Italian chain Vapiano at Rathenaustrasse 2 which is about 5 mins walk (max) into town from the Hauptbahnhof. They speak English and prepare pasta and pizza any way you want it. I haven't been since I became vegan but I dont think their pasta has egg in it. You also get complementary very tasty ciabatta bread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torgeir Hoffmann
msg tools
mbmbmb
Cool - thanks.

We're a group of vegans heading to Spiel for the fifth time. Theee is a great restaurant at Kennedy Platz as well. I can see if I can find the name, but we usually go there so we just know it's location

//T
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Caropreso
Brazil
flag msg tools
Let me know if you remember it! I'd be happy to include it in the map!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis _
Germany
Halle
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
startrouble wrote:
I can definitely recommend the Zodiac, both their pizzas and their restaurant are excellent. The restaurant gets busy during Essen so you probably need to book.

The very interior makes it a fantastic place!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the list. I hope I will be able to use it :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes H.
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
Meat is for pussies!
badge
Karma is a funny thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I visit other towns I also always check Happycow:
https://www.happycow.net/europe/germany/essen/

It seems there are a lot of new vegan and vegetarian restaurants since I last checked.

I never visited the Essen Sattgrün Restaurant but I have been to the Düsseldorf Restaurant of the Sattgrün Chain a few times.

I would definitly recommend them. Great food!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.