Subject: A few questions about Frontiers and it's expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
karl paulsen

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
Just bought two copies of the game from MM.
Seemed like enough to give each army some variety in build and card selection. Then I see that there are expansions. Haven't even had a chance to play the original game, but can some one explain to me...

1) What do the different expansions add? Looks like there are at least 2 unreleased official expansions and some fan made expansions.

2) Which ones I should get?

3) For Red Skulls and the others I was thinking that I could print up the expansions and glue them onto the original game tokens. How many sets would I need to do this?

Thanks!
Karl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lien Rag
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) additional units

2) depends; open it and see if it suits you.
-one adds additional units for the 2 main races
-one adds a third race (that i personally don't like much)
-(my) unofficial expansion adds additional units to this 3rd race, so that it can compete with the two others
Note that my expansion also adds some buildings that i find really interesting (watch tower, dragonteeth, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karl paulsen

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks!

I've got one of my wargame buddies interested enough to try the rules out. I downloaded the various files associated with expansions and haven't looked at them much, but if I end up enjoying Frontiers, then it's good to know there's lots of room for growth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.