Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

9/10 times I play Flamme Rouge I simply play a single game, or even a couple of games in a row without any connection. However, once in a while I want something more, and I want to make that available to all of you that want to dig deeper.

Hence if you're interested in playing a grand tour for money, fame and sponsors where exhaustion carries over and time matters in the General Classification, then read on. You can even add special traits to individual riders often creating a mix of sprinter or rouleur focussed teams.

The files are available here on BGG, and are just 4 pages long which includes the 2 pages of components.

If you want to read a session report, I've also written one on an epic 6 stage grand tour that gets totally flipped on its head in the last two stages!

Design thoughts
Throughout the last couple of years I've toyed with numerous different variations on how to create these Grand Tour Rules. I've been doing it with excel documents, the most cumbersome being with 9 sheets and I've done completely bare bones where even time was abstracted away. I think I've hit the sweet spot with the version available. The Time Tracker has proved to be a head twister for some, but it is by far the easiest version I've been able to make that still keeps all the nuance. Plus it is quick to update, and you can spot the current standing at a glance, without tedious counting.

If you like the thought of doing Grand Tours, then please consider thumbing THE TOP of this post as well as the BGG file to make sure people see it years from now

Happy racing
Asger Granerud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
Above post extensively rewritten/edited with new information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.