Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Tour de Civ - 3 players 16 games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Smith
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Over a few months, 2 friends of mine and I embarked to try all 16 civilizations. Our result was a fun-filled quest with plenty of interesting games and a deep appreciation for the replay-ability.

One thing that probably sets our little group apart was the amount of meta-gaming that went on, i.e. people were targeted when they drew Spain, or after winning one week with a strategy, the board might see some sort of drastic reactionary tactic taken the next game. It certainly tied all of the games together making the entire experience cohesive.

In the end only one civilization managed to win three times, Aztecs! Coming in a tie for second place, three went 2-1: Greece, Rome, and Russia.

A record of games, scores, and overall performance for our group can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IPo2l9T3WiPyXjg8bKEV...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Watts
New Zealand
Hawera South Taranaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested that there were 6 tech victories. Would have been alot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
It was, we learned early on the importance of proper tech. There were quite a few races to build that final Barracks so you had to start and plan ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loose Cannon
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard a lot about England being terrible.
So after crushing my son with a coin victory (me America/him England) I finally looked at England's tile and race sheet.
I think they have some amazing powers.
But it looks like you guys couldn't win with them either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.