$15.00
$30.00
$5.00
Gus Landt
United States
Green Bay
WI
flag msg tools
So last night my group played Adventure 11. It's the village adventure where you first fight the black dragon [14 Hit Points].
I am playing the Fighter. I have the following Advancement Tokens:
3x +1 Damage
2x Recharge
1x Reroll

I went first, and my turn was:

1) MOVE adjacent to the dragon.

2) Drink my Potion of Haste (Take 2 additional actions this Hero Phase. These actions can be used to make attacks). So now I have 3 actions.

3) ATTACK with the Lunging Attack Daily Power [+6 Attack VS AC 14], hitting for 3 damage. Use my three +1 Damage Advancement Tokens [6 total damage].

4) Use my first Recharge Advancement Token to recharge Lunging Attack, then ATTACK with Lunging Attack, hitting for 3 damage (I had to burn my Reroll Token here) [9 total damage].

5) ATTACK with Sweeping Attack [+8 Attack VS AC 14], hitting for 2 damage and then giving myself Advantage [11 total damage].

6) Use my Action Surge Utility Power to take 1 additional action.

7) Use my second Recharge Advancement Token to recharge Lunging Attack, then ATTACK with Lunging Attack (with Advantage from my Sweeping Attack in step 5), hitting for 3 damage [14 total damage].

I believe everything I did was by-the-book. I just wanted some confirmation if I did everything right, or correction if I am doing something wrong. While I rolled well, I don't think it was above average, as my first attack only needed an 8 or higher to hit [65% chance], my second attack I had to use a reroll (so essentially 2 rolls to roll an 8 or better) [88% chance]. My third attack I only needed to roll a 6 or better [75% chance], and my 4th attack I had Advantage to roll an 8 or better [88% chance].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent DePonte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
GusLandt wrote:
So last night my group played Adventure 11. It's the village adventure where you first fight the black dragon [14 Hit Points].
I am playing the Fighter. I have the following Advancement Tokens:
3x +1 Damage
2x Recharge
1x Reroll

I went first, and my turn was:

1) MOVE adjacent to the dragon.

2) Drink my Potion of Haste (Take 2 additional actions this Hero Phase. These actions can be used to make attacks). So now I have 3 actions.

3) ATTACK with the Lunging Attack Daily Power [+6 Attack VS AC 14], hitting for 3 damage. Use my three +1 Damage Advancement Tokens [6 total damage].

4) Use my first Recharge Advancement Token to recharge Lunging Attack, then ATTACK with Lunging Attack, hitting for 3 damage (I had to burn my Reroll Token here) [9 total damage].

5) ATTACK with Sweeping Attack [+8 Attack VS AC 14], hitting for 2 damage and then giving myself Advantage [11 total damage].

6) Use my Action Surge Utility Power to take 1 additional action.

7) Use my second Recharge Advancement Token to recharge Lunging Attack, then ATTACK with Lunging Attack (with Advantage from my Sweeping Attack in step 5), hitting for 3 damage [14 total damage].

I believe everything I did was by-the-book. I just wanted some confirmation if I did everything right, or correction if I am doing something wrong. While I rolled well, I don't think it was above average, as my first attack only needed an 8 or higher to hit [65% chance], my second attack I had to use a reroll (so essentially 2 rolls to roll an 8 or better) [88% chance]. My third attack I only needed to roll a 6 or better [75% chance], and my 4th attack I had Advantage to roll an 8 or better [88% chance].

Been awhile since I played so I don't remember, are you allowed to have more then one of each of the advancement tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can.
Think you did it right, looks legit to me but don't know everything you used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Bartheus
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also "killed" the dragon on the second hero's first round. The scenario is too easy. I have only used one damage token per strike, but I don't think that there is any rule to stop you from using all of them at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks legit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Same. The thing about this game is that it gets easier the more time passes.
The fighter in particular is absurdly easy to break.
He has the daily power that gives him another action.

So if he builds up the "recharge" tokens, he can do tons of attacks.

The bad guys in this game have high HP, but very low AC.
If you get Umber Hulks, it's pretty much game over for any villain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Beaklini
msg tools
The real question is how did you get so many advancement tokens, or why did you give then all to one character.

I'm not sure if you can swap advancement tokens between characters in-between adventures, like you can do with gold and treasure cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mXZPLK wrote:
The real question is how did you get so many advancement tokens, or why did you give then all to one character.

I'm not sure if you can swap advancement tokens between characters in-between adventures, like you can do with gold and treasure cards.

Good question, hadn't thought to ask.

Pg 14, advancement tokens are tied to a specific hero.
So if those were all purchased for the fighter, what you did is totally legit.

If you've just been buying tokens and letting any hero use them, then you made one mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Fradette
Canada
Sherbrooke
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
It seems legit, but then it means you did not save the villagers, so you forego the reward for saving 5+ of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.