Subject: Crisis card questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marty labarbera
United States
Saint augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
Does a crisis card stay on the table affecting the sector discovered in until it is survived and then discarded? Such as the neutronic wave front? Or the Apollo card
an example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A crisis/discovery card that remains in play will say so in its text. If it does not, then it is discarded after its effect is resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marty labarbera
United States
Saint augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
What about "automated minosian weapons"? What is confusing us is Exploration card rules. Paragraph one. "There are four types of exploration cards. Most exploration cards are resolved immediately. Some remain in play.
Set them face up on the System until they are resolved.Once the system is colonized, discard the card." So we are thinking that the crisis stays until the system is colonized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know the text of Automated Minosian Weapons, but here are the rules:

1. "Most exploration cards are resolved immediately."

2. "Some remain in play: Set them face up on the system until they are resolved. Once the system is colonized, discard the card."

You will see "Remains in Play" written on some exploration cards. No exploration card says "Does not remain in play," because that is the default.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hm, thinking about it, it does sound confusing.

resolving means applying the effect described on the card, whether successful or failed. there is no requirement to again resolve it if it failed the first time.

but the card stays in place as long as the system is not colonized, which may not happen for some time.
at least until the next building phase, but longer if the exploring ships got destroyed.

so there is a gap, between resolving the card the first time and the actual colonization, that the card is still faceup on the table.

i think the cards with "remain in play" stay even after the system has been colonized.

i think the idea is that even when resolved, the cards remain for reference only until colonized but you dont apply the effect again unless it mentions "remain in play".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What is the text of the card in question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
I don't know the text of Automated Minosian Weapons, but here are the rules:

1. "Most exploration cards are resolved immediately."

2. "Some remain in play: Set them face up on the system until they are resolved. Once the system is colonized, discard the card."

You will see "Remains in Play" written on some exploration cards. No exploration card says "Does not remain in play," because that is the default.

My memory on this is admittedly poor, but there is an exploration card that increases the cost of colonizing the planet on the explored system. I don't own the game yet so I can't actually check the card, but I don't remember "Remains in Play" being written on the card anywhere, yet thematically it makes sense for it to stay on the planet until resolved. If I'm wrong, I would like to know where that text on the card is. We had a lot of questions in our game about which cards should stay in play and which shouldn't. If there is specific spot where this phrase always appears, it would certainly be helpful in answering a lot of the questions we had about resolving these cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Two crisis cards and two discovery cards are not discarded right away. All four of them start with, "REMAINS IN PLAY:", it's hard to miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.