Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If my party has a Chanter (with no scroll and a defense of 1) and a guard (defense 2) and attacks something with 1 attack, can the guard take the attack and not be killed or does the chanter die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
If my party has a Chanter (with no scroll and a defense of 1) and a guard (defense 2) and attacks something with 1 attack, can the guard take the attack and not be killed or does the chanter die?

The general rule for combat in PoE is that unless your total armor outweighs the total attack value coming towards you, one of your units is going to die.

Damage is lethal to whatever card takes the brunt of it. The only thing the defense value offers is the ability to absorb damage in the hopes that another card doesn't also have to take damage and die.

SO in the case above, one of your cards in the party will have to die, the Chanter or the guard (your choice).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I will start over!whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.