Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Lopez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I bought a bunch of paints and brushes in the hopes of painting my own Mice and Mystics minis. I have since learned that, despite watching numerous tutorials on the subject, I have zero aptitude for this. My depth perception is terrible and I don't have the fine motor control necessary for fine line work. I tried the do it yourself method, but I give up. I'm ready to commission an actual artist in to finish this up for me.

Are there any painters in Portland, Oregon willing and able to take on this task? If so, please PM me your rates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ask around your local game shops too. Especially one's with lots of paintable figures for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're not having luck, you could also check online services. The shipping rates for U.S. based painters is pretty reasonable and there are a lot out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinclair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How short does a painter have to be, to be considered "mini?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pogatshnik
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
ok so... tutorials can be very helpful but... there is just no substitute for experience when it comes to painting minis. Or anything else for that matter. You wouldn't expect to be Monet the first time you put paint to canvas, no matter how many internet tutorials you watch on the subject. I think you're being a little unrealistic.

I don't buy that anybody (barring serious physical disability) has no aptitude for mini painting. I say this because I used to be terrible. Like really awful bad. My hands have never been steady, my vision sucks too. I got better through practice, and so can you, so can anybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bates
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I just sent you a PM about painting your figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lopez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I've commissioned a local artist!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.