Hide
2 Posts

XenoShyft: Onslaught» Forums » General

Subject: Item confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian M
msg tools
I have been reading through the threads but I am a little unclear on certain items classifications. The rule book states that items are either instants or equipment. Drop ship and void mine only have the science symbols.

For drop ship, what are the conditions for playing it correctly?

For Void mine, various threads say to treat it like a troop; its text says I can put it into a slot where a typical troop is. If I put it into a slot with a militia, and a shocker is revealed, would I be right in thinking the void mine doesn't qualify as equipment since it doesn't have the equipment symbol? So it explodes as normal killing the shocker? If there is a neurosting scorpion involved, would both the void mine and the militia go to the end of the enemy lane just as I had set them up (I put them both in the same slot so killing the militia activates the mine) or would they be separate enemies not in the same slot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The drop ship is played while you are arranging troops and equipment, at the same time you would play any card without an instant symbol (like most troops and equipment). Void mine is also played during that time.

Void mine doesn't have an equipment symbol, so Shocker has no affect on it.

It is not a troop, so affects like Scorpions that refer to "troops" will not affect it. If something affected "the first troop" and your mine was alone up front, that effect would ignore the mine and hit the troop behind it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.