Hide
2 Posts

Paradox» Forums » Variants

Subject: cooperative musings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
davey yaved
msg tools
This was posted ad a comment in a general forum that may not get seen by folks who are interested so i'm posting here as a "variant subject post". Here's what I'm playing around with in my head right now...
Collaborative variant: Save X worlds (4 cards each) of unruptured worlds (am I using the wrong term here??) The value of X can be adjusted for easier or harder games. Players can suggest wormhole acquisitions to each other but can't dictate or suggest matrix moves... Players can do one of their matrix swaps w another player. players CAN say "i sure could use a red here..." giving an alliance token can be one matrix move. other rules are standard. The theme now shifts to a team trying to stabilize a critical amount of worlds in order to save what remains of the cosmos...

I'll try this or something like it when I can. Does anyone anticipate any problems w this? It seems pretty obvious... Maybe this kind of approach has already been "left on the cutting too floor" due to a flaw im not seeing???

I love games that lend themselves to the metagame of producing variants. Paradox seems to give lots of opportunities to play with the rules.

Thanks,
Davey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davey yaved
msg tools
And then this:
More musings. Another thing I like about the above coop variant is that you get to set out the completed timeline tableaus for the worlds and see them accumulate as you go. They are so cool and fun and this way everyone gets to appreciate them throughout the game. One way to go is to remove worlds from around the nexus once you have all 4 cards. This saves them from possible destruction. Another add on to ramp up the difficulty is to say that ruptured worlds that have the quake landing on them are eliminated from the game.
Again, haven't played these ideas yet. But I think they will work well and be fun... I imagine more tweaking will be needed to arrive at an appropriate level of difficulty. Maybe only one intermatrix swap allowed per round? That would allow for some tough collaborative decision making... I'll report back when we've tried it. I'd appreciate anyone else's input here of course.
Fiat lux,
Davey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.