Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) What is the benefit of placing a city on the board after moving an explorer? I mean, literally, besides that initial gold because of your starting technology, what difference does it make strategy-wise to place a cube down on the board? I've read the rules and I can't understand its usefulness or significance.

2) It seems like you HAVE to develop the top row if you want to get around. Is it really the case that I must lay down my explorer after he moves just one square? It just seems very limiting.

3) Some leader cards have a lightning bolt that means the effect takes place immediately and then it doesn't trigger again, I get that. But if it doesn't show a lightning bolt, how many times *can it trigger? Once per age? Many times within the same age?

Thanks in advance! Cool game, thought the first play through was very rough because of a lot of rules-wording ambiguities, rules formatting, and second-guessing these questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Cities can certainly generate a lot of gold when combo'd with specific technologies. Control of cities also affects the power of building, wonder, and golden age (scoring) cards. For instance, the player that controls the most wheat is likely the player with more cities on wheat areas. The Eiffel Tower awards 1 VP for each rock symbol that you control.

2) It depends on your strategy and your golden age cards and your opponent. If you really want to go after rock and its spread all over the map then yes, you probably want to take at least a few in the top row. If your resources are close together or you don't care about spreading out too much you may just end up taking one on the top row as I have done.

3) If they have a gear then you can activate that card once per era. If not then you just have to follow what the card says to reap the reward. For example, Mongolia receives an extra 2 gold every time they take control of a rock region.

It definitely gets more streamlined with more plays. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be more clear about 3), if there's a lightning bolt, its effect takes place just once in the game, when you get the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mister lee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also trying to understand the game.

The benefit of the resources on the map is just to score points from technologies or end of era scoring?

You can only do 12 meeple actions in the game?
Seems very limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.