Hide
7 Posts

Tyrants of the Underdark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about spies. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Marleau
msg tools
I was just wondering if anyone could explain the gameplay effect of spies. I could have missed it in the rules, but I don't really understand how they effect gameplay. Do they change total control to just control?

If anyone could kindly explain, i would be very appreciative Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They change total control to just plain control (though they do not count towards control majority).

They also allow you to effect presence in an area. So it's a way to get yourself all the way to a different side of a board without having to actually snake your way there. It also gives you presence to start taking out some troops who needed a knife in the back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisp72 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone could explain the gameplay effect of spies. I could have missed it in the rules, but I don't really understand how they effect gameplay. Do they change total control to just control?

if i recall they also allow you to play cards in that area since they count as having presence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Marleau
msg tools
Fantastic! Thank you both for your replies! It was driving me nuts that i didn't understand. That helps a great deal thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B. Hansen
Denmark
Odense N
flag msg tools
"duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck" Ralph Wiggum .....
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
Chrisp72 wrote:

if i recall they also allow you to play cards in that area since they count as having presence.

Could you tell me where it says so in the rules? That you need presence to play a card..

I am old and extremely dense and can not find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Architeuthis wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
Chrisp72 wrote:

Could you tell me where it says so in the rules? That you need presence to play a card..

i cannot because i do not have the game, it is just something i am interested in. as for the rule, i probably read it in a post or heard it on a video. have you watched the dice tower videos or other review videos? im not saying that is the best source of information but it may be where i heard it from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Architeuthis wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
Chrisp72 wrote:

You need presence to play certain effects like assassinate a troop or deploy a troop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.