Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Garcia
United States
McAllen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I don't play to win, but rather to ensure others have fun. That brings me joy.
mbmbmbmbmb
While playing with TRIBUTE as the main objective, we ran into a certain scenario more than once.

"Whenever a player moves a survivor to the colony they may place any number of item cards from their hand under this card."

First, I moved Melissa Gupta to the School and searched by using a die. I kept the first card. I used another die for Melissa in order to search for AND add a second card to my hand from that location.

Afterwards, I moved Lily Mae from the Police Station back to the colony.

Because I moved Lily back to the colony I was able to add cards from the Police station for the Main Objective, but I also thought it was allowable to add the cards that my other controlled character, Melissa, had found to the main objective (even though she, herself had not moved back to the colony).

Is that correct? It somewhat felt as if it was allowable since all your cards are in your own hand, but then again, I don't know how it would be explained Thematically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, each round is a week or so. So sometime then you were able to pool the items together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh aka "OssianGrr"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Once a card is in your hand, it isn't considered to be "in a location" or "owned by a survivor" anymore. It's communally owned by the faction of survivors with your Objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It probably would have been possible to assign every card to a survivor, but I bet the game designers just thought that would get too unwieldy, especially if one player controls 4 or 5 survivors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan T-Aylmer
Scotland
Fife
flag msg tools
mb
Have the cards to be face up or face down for this? Helps the traitor if face down, but how would you check mission at colony phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoJoTA wrote:
Have the cards to be face up or face down for this? Helps the traitor if face down, but how would you check mission at colony phase?

Face up. Betrayers are not allowed to "spike" the Main Objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas H. M.
Brazil
flag msg tools
balliztik2 wrote:

...Because I moved Lily back to the colony I was able to add cards from the Police station for the Main Objective...

The only time I'm able to contribute to the main objective is when my survivor arrives to the Colony?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
douglashm wrote:
balliztik2 wrote:

...Because I moved Lily back to the colony I was able to add cards from the Police station for the Main Objective...

The only time I'm able to contribute to the main objective is when my survivor arrives to the Colony?

No, you can always contribute cards to the main objective no matter where your survivors are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.