Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saboteur lets you pull a "random" card from each opponent.

Does "random" include seeing the colored card backs... or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this card from the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think the player would get to choose from other players hand and without any clearer clarification would assume seeing the color back is implied, but random in that you cannot examine the character, action, cost, person group icon.

My .02

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Snakes et Lattes
Canada
flag msg tools
Proudly Alphabetical since 1989!
badge
The Wish Swing from Nuit Blanche 2007
mbmbmbmbmb
David Gardner wrote:
Saboteur lets you pull a "random" card from each opponent.

Does "random" include seeing the colored card backs... or not?

You could play it any way you like. There is nothing stopping you from having each player throw their cards into a hat in sequence and then drawing one from the hat for each player at random.

If your game play has proceeded to the point that you have memorized that the engraver has a brown back (as our group's has),then it might be prudent.

I think this is the only card with a random element in the game. Am I right on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At our table, the sabotagees insisted on not showing their card backs to the Sabotageur -- no surprise there with "majority ruling" -- and I suppose this is probably the preferred way to play it. Otherwise, it's not exactly "random" if you see someone's four cards, and you want a blue card, and they have one. --David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.