Gene Miller
msg tools
mb
I have the German version of the game and there are two questions I have on the interpretation of winning conditions:

1.If a player's three balloons cross the finish line, they can only declare victory when their turn comes available...not if they cross during another player's turn?

2. The cards show the balloons with the larger one in front, the second one behind that and the third (and smallest) behind still. This doesn't have anything to do with finishing order? It would appear that getting them to finish that order would be very difficult so I assume the three can finish in any order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2 questions...
We've always played that you can win on someone else's turn (and therefore there could be a tie).However the rules say that you have to wait for your turn. So I'm not sure why we decided to play differently!

You are correct, the order you get the balloons to finish in doesn't matter.

NB. You might like to edit the title of the thread so that it's helpful for others with a similar question "2 Questions about finishing and winning" or something similar might do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Miller
msg tools
mb
Re: 2 questions...
Thanks for the quick response, I'll change the title as you suggested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We do use and commend to you the rule that it must be your turn for you to claim victory. The reason is that it can happen that when a particular balloon reaches the finish line, that balloon is the third and final balloon for more than one player at the same time.

For example: Pink, black, red, and light blue have all reached the finish line already. I'm holding the pink/black/yellow card. The player to my right is holding the red/light blue/yellow card. The player to HIS right moves the yellow balloon to the finish line. If you didn't have to wait for your turn to claim victory, two players would be claiming victory at the same moment. So that's a key rule.

As for your other question: No, it doesn't matter what order the balloons finish in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.