Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Austrians have an event card which gives them a free artillery unit from as early as 1914, can this artillery unit attack without the A1 tech card?

Also, can you use the counter artillery research card artillery unit, to attack as well as defend without the artillery A1 tech card?

This came up in a solo game I played, I got the C1 tech card, way before getting the A1 card giving me a single Western Allies artillery unit, can this artillery unit choose to attack if it wishes to?

I thought in both cases, yes, they can attack, they can attack before you even get the aggressive artillery tech card.

I guess my main question is can the artillery generated by the early Austrian event card, and if you get the counter artillery before the heavy artillery tech card, both attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
I apologize for the late response; I think I missed this question before I left town for a week.

You are correct in your thoughts.

Skoda Works grants AH an artillery unit and it functions the same as from A1.

If C1 is obtained before A1, it can attack as well as defend. The net effect in that case is simply that A1 will generate the additional artillery units.

Austria-Hungary essentially has three ways to gain a heavy artillery counter, yet only two in the pool. If they already have two and the third situation comes up, they are at their limit and do not receive another artillery counter.

The Heavy Artillery counters function the same once placed no matter from what source they were generated (C1, A1, Skoda Works). They can all attack and if C1 is in play, they can all defend as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Kirk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kirk, superb game, regards, Ewan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.