Popular Tags: [View All]
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Basing and photo credit to Jeff Cavazos.
Repost by Kurgan: https://twitter.com/WarbossKurgan/status/737661179120758784

Quote:
Awesome #SilverTower bases by Jeff Cavazos on Facebook: Age of Sigmar Fan Page. Scanned tiles printed on photopaper

He scanned them, tweaked the colour saturation up and printed on photopaper.

A 1" circle punch is six bucks on Amazon. 1" is 25.4mm, so the standard 25mm base *might* be a little smaller. Possibly mount on 1" washers? : https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_16?url=search-alia...

*goes off to search for those free photo paper samples that used to come with inkjets*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done a similar thing myself, but I used regular paper and varnished it once it was stuck down. Worked like a charm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know!

All the cool kids are using magnets, and I just realized that, since these bases are flat, they'd work as a magnetic surface. mount a washer or something on top of the base, then put the paper with the printout on top of the washer. Drill a holes into the miniature, then mount rare earth magnets. Maybe make other bases for the figure, when it goes outside of the Tower or something.

Also, storage. Better than foam, and when you're not making brownies. The Tower bases wouldn't be magnetized, just the miniatures, which would stick to the tray. Come to think of it, you could scan the tiles, print them out onto steel sheets, cut them out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.