JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished the 1st case with a final score of -5, and we didn't care that we failed miserably.
Probably the best team work dynamic I've had in a board game.
The game is dripping with theme, and it felt the 4 of us were in a detectives office in London back in 1884 trying to figure out the murder.
We had sheets of paper taped up on the walls with the leads, major suspects, and alibies, and who was lying about what.
On to case #2, I cannot wait.
Brilliant game with amazing components, stories, and attention to detail.
If you like co-ops you really should check this out.
If you like the old world England time period that Sherlock is set in as well then what are you waiting for, go get the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HJ Lee
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
I had a similar experience. Case 2 is great fun. Check which edition game you have before starting case 3. If you have the "2016-2", no worries. If you have an earlier Ystari edition, check out the errata files for case 3 and 6 here on BGG. There were some translation errors in earlier editions that made case 3 very frustrating.I know I wish I had done this. Happy gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vesicle wrote:
I had a similar experience. Case 2 is great fun. Check which edition game you have before starting case 3. If you have the "2016-2", no worries. If you have an earlier Ystari edition, check out the errata files for case 3 and 6 here on BGG. There were some translation errors in earlier editions that made case 3 very frustrating.I know I wish I had done this. Happy gaming.

How can you tell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark James Schryver
United States
Pulaski
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the UPC box. If it has "2014" or "2016-1," then Case #s 3 and 6 have the errors. If it has "2016-2," then you have the corrected edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mjschryver wrote:
Check the UPC box. If it has "2014" or "2016-1," then Case #s 3 and 6 have the errors. If it has "2016-2," then you have the corrected edition.

Thank you much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vesicle wrote:

Thanks, have the Ystari edition, so will be downloading those files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried T.I.M.E Stories? Specifically the included Asylum case? Sounds like it could be right up your alley. It's a bit more of a game than an activity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
There are twelve of us, Sire, and I place all the resources of my people unreservedly at your Majesty's disposal.
mb
JBTheChamp wrote:
Just finished the 1st case with a final score of -5, and we didn't care that we failed miserably.

-5, sir, is NOT "failing miserably"! I resent your insinuation about my level of intelligence!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amacleod wrote:

-5, sir, is NOT "failing miserably"! I resent your insinuation about my level of intelligence!

I am glad to hear you are impressed with my score, we visited I think 19 places, and in the end the score didn't matter as we desperately tried to figure out the details of the case.
I wish I could include spoilers but that wouldn't be good !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
Have you tried T.I.M.E Stories? Specifically the included Asylum case? Sounds like it could be right up your alley. It's a bit more of a game than an activity.

TIME Stories has caught my eye more than once !
Thanks for the suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rank my first couple of plays that my wife and I had as, perhaps, the best gaming experience we've had. It really emphasized how we both think differently from each other and that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Glad you enjoyed it so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.