Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Langer
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh.......no thanks. I'll keep my $14 and not have to contact Amazon to get a refund.

Just launched...China...too good to be true, haven't we learned out lessons yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm staring at it. Everything in that seller's store is $14. New seller no feedback. Smells like fraud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pam Poovey
United States
detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brasilcaps wrote:
Till they change their mind I guess

Click on other sellers

Pandemic Legacy

Nope...RUN AWAY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Gibson
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same price as the Zooloretto and Ghostbusters deal. 14.00 for the product 4.50 for shipping. Fake shipping numbers, long delivery date, so you cant file a correct claim till a month or so longer. Dont waste your time. The seller will be shutdown in a couple of days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uniconfis wrote:
I'm staring at it. Everything in that seller's store is $14. New seller no feedback. Smells like fraud.

How do you see the rest of the seller's store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Brown
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
doctoryes0 wrote:
uniconfis wrote:

Click on the user's name and then their "storefront".

It looks like they have 41,474 items posted all priced at $14.00 plus $4.50 shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's gone now - for better or worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
dbler wrote:
doctoryes0 wrote:
uniconfis wrote:

It looks like they have 41,474 items posted all priced at $14.00 plus $4.50 shipping.

Wow, think of all the deals! Well maybe next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
they are still there under other sellers. I have some amazon points, tempted but 99% TGTBT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Take your $18.50.
2. Put it in an interest-bearing savings account.
3. Wait one month.
4. Withdraw your $18.51.

Congratulations, it's a hotter deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
1. Take your $18.50.
3. Wait one month.
4. Withdraw your $18.51.

Wait one year*

Have you seen interest rates these days...We're lucky if it doesn't decrease in value...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did it. It's covered under the Amazon A-Z guarantee so I figured what the heck. I'll let you guys know what happens...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Southgate
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
doctoryes0 wrote:
I did it. It's covered under the Amazon A-Z guarantee so I figured what the heck. I'll let you guys know what happens...

Start filing your A-to-Z claim now because you will never see the game. Like others have posted it's a scam to get money out of Amazon. Seller will take a bunch of orders, withdrawn the funds, close their store, and stick Amazon with the bill. You'll get your money refunded but you'll end up waiting over a month to deal with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Southgate
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brasilcaps wrote:

Click on other sellers

Pandemic Legacy

Please don't post "deals" that are clearly a scam. All you're doing is helping to encourage fake sellers to keep trying this. NOBODY will be getting this deal. As has been shown on all the other $18.50 "deals", it's just a scam to get quick money from Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kai fai wong
United States
san gabriel
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
order it till i read rest the people post. cancelled order just save me the pain later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
ir1337 wrote:
tumorous wrote:
1. Take your $18.50.
3. Wait one month.
4. Withdraw your $18.51.

Wait one year*

Have you seen interest rates these days...We're lucky if it doesn't decrease in value...

They're bad, but not that bad. I'd say two month at the amazing rate of .3%

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I reported it to Amazon last week. Figured it was Z-Man counterfeits, as they do exist. Regardless, Amazon was notified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ward
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I saw that and came to the same conclusion. Too good to be true.

Pass. Whoever jumps on it, let us know how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
edelen wrote:
I reported it to Amazon last week. Figured it was Z-Man counterfeits, as they do exist. Regardless, Amazon was notified.

It's come up in all the other recent threads about the same kind of scam, but there is no actual product on the other end of the transaction. The production cost and shipping for a counterfeit version of Pandemic Legacy would still be high, and if you're going to go to all the trouble of counterfeiting then why bother lowballing on price? If there was a real counterfeit product being shipped they could easily charge $30 and more likely $40. Every scam is looking for maximum return on investment but the actual scheme at play here is the best return possible - something for nothing. The consumer's imagination does all the work for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gassyjoe wrote:
brasilcaps wrote:

Click on other sellers

Pandemic Legacy

Please don't post "deals" that are clearly a scam. All you're doing is helping to encourage fake sellers to keep trying this. NOBODY will be getting this deal. As has been shown on all the other $18.50 "deals", it's just a scam to get quick money from Amazon.

I get what you are saying but I'm not sure who should be the final arbiter of that if not the buyer. There's another thread about Constantinopolis from FFG on sale for $9.99 from an Amazon third party. It retailed for $59.95. One might conclude that the deal is too good to be true but there seems to be no indications of that.

Post it, let the buyers decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vliam wrote:
gassyjoe wrote:
brasilcaps wrote:

Click on other sellers

Pandemic Legacy

I get what you are saying but I'm not sure who should be the final arbiter of that if not the buyer. There's another thread about Constantinopolis from FFG on sale for $9.99 from an Amazon third party. It retailed for $59.95. One might conclude that the deal is too good to be true but there seems to be no indications of that.

Irrelevant comparison, as Constantinopolis has been out of print forever and was never highly rated like PL, in terms of actual ratings or in number of ratings. Makes sense that it would be liquidated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rupp
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heliconia wrote:
dbler wrote:
doctoryes0 wrote:
uniconfis wrote:

Wow, think of all the deals! Well maybe next time.

It's like the dollar store, but $14 instead of $1, and also you never receive anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Wasn't there a similar thread w/ the Ghostbusters game not too long ago?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aldaryn wrote:
vliam wrote:

Irrelevant comparison, as Constantinopolis has been out of print forever and was never highly rated like PL, in terms of actual ratings or in number of ratings. Makes sense that it would be liquidated.

The way this comes across to me is: "Don't bother to post in hot deals unless you are 100% sure of the pedigree of the game in question, including print status, what its rating is, how many reviews it has, the proportion of good reviews to bad, etc., etc., etc. Because unless you thoroughly investigate each and every one of those parameters, you run the risk of disappointing the readers of this forum, all of whom know much more about the board game market than you do." I'm pretty sure that wasn't your intent, but, given the history of this forum, I wouldn't put it past some people.

Buyers need to make their own valuation of individual deals and no size will ever fit all, especially in this forum. Don't expect a poster to do the work for you.

I get it that the original deal was a scam, and thanks to everyone for pointing that out, but I still think that it's great that it was posted. It became a way to educate the community on ways to spot dodgy offers, and I'm sure a lot of readers are grateful even if they aren't flying to their keyboards to thank everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.