Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a session report which was the longest session ever we probably had some of the shortest. The first game ended inside the first round, while the second early in the second. Two games in maybe half an hour, can you believe it.

This was my first play and I thought the dynamics of the game were beautiful. There are enough counter cards to mix things up and a strategy for every situation. No one set of cards are ever dominant and can be easily expoited by tricky play. Even when your cards are crap you still aheva role to play. And the nature of this game is that battles are regular and unavoidable.

Still we found an unusal skewing of cards tonight and it was probably these that were repsonsible for our quick game ends. They did not however decide our winner, who played both cards exceptionally and came out with the win.

With six players free riding was a big problem, and so it was that the winner won because noone was prepared to do their part. Wharekumera deserves special credit for doing his part well sacrificing all his cards to keep a player form the win.

IN sumamry this was game i enjoyed profusely because of the interactive element. It is almost as if there are duals and honour battles in this one. You can call a player out, you can outwit a player, or fake your strength. This game has everything including too much luck. But for all that I loved it and will look forward to another play soon. Zirak this is one that has to go in your collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of my favourite card games Andrew, glad to read you liked it so much!

Cheers!

Giles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
citylife wrote:
With six players free riding was a big problem, and so it was that the winner won because noone was prepared to do their part. Wharekumera deserves special credit for doing his part well sacrificing all his cards to keep a player form the win.

And the fact that I burned my entire hand BOTH times to try and stop the inevitable conclusion went past your notice?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay then, have some love, you eserved a mention aswell. Granted frank was actually heavily involved in the bidding aswell. Evreyone did their part except for us newbies. Credit where credit is due I think. I can't wait to play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.