Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

As a newcomer to the modern designer boardgame scene of less than a year (having been a waragmer only from the 1980s onwards), can I ask the UK-based guys here about the situation as regards online stores over the Black Friday period?

Basically, I have a significant list of games to purchase. Do the stores in the UK have Black Friday sales such that it would be worthwhile to put off the purchases till then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
My first post!

I've seen some old threads about Amazon.co.uk doing plenty of board game lightning deals around Black Friday and other times throughout the year.

Black Friday is a thing in the UK these days too. I'm very new to these type of board games and plan to hold off for the deals.

Also Amazon does some noticeable deals at times, like Carcassone and Pandemic under £20 last month. I missed out on them as only get the buzz in the last couple of weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You'll usually get sales on Amazon and the like, and the odd independent retailer. It's not really a thing over here though.

NB it's still worth checking out the US retailers though - most of the larger ones charge a flat rate for shipping rather than per item, so if you can pick up three or four games at a decent discount the shipping cost pretty much pays for itself (though it's worth factoring in potential custom fees to the order).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.