Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
We successfully found the paranoid soldier, and killed off the Colonel as Sagittarius - my favorite character. Dangit!

Still, we LOST both games in September. Double dangit!

There is a scratch-off card that says "Scratch off after you win a game in September." It also says "Destroy this card at the end of October."

QUESTION:
So... is this card forever lost to us since we didn't win a game in September? Or, can we still scratch it off if/when we win in October (since it's not destroyed until then)?

ALSO:
The paranoid soldier gave us the last thing on the list of what the Immunologist needs... but what about the other two things? The gene sequence and DNA samples are higher up the list. Are we supposed to already have those, or will they come later?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Edens
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
If you lost both games you will never get to see or use the reward you are talking about. As far as the 2 unchecked, they should have come to you on that order but you have to search and find them. The order is the order you would be able to get them but you don't have to get them done in that order if you don't want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Indeed. The panel you scratch off after you win a game in September, you don't scratch off if you don't win a game in September. If you had won a game and scratched it off, it would give you a bonus for October, but at the end of October, you destroy the card because the bonus is no longer applicable even if you did get it.

I think Eric is wrong: if you do everything at the earliest available opportunity, you won't find the things the Immunologist needs in the order they're specified. Having said which, do go back and make sure you've not already got any of them without noticing.

More specifically (very mild spoiler):
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Virologist gives you the Gene Sequence, and you probably found her before the Immunologist. You haven't had an opportunity to get DNA samples yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
Having said which, do go back and make sure you've not already got any of them without noticing.

The Virologist gives you the Gene Sequence, and you probably found her before the Immunologist. You haven't had an opportunity to get DNA samples yet.

Yep, we got her, but I don't remember getting that... I'll have to go through and reread some things.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbacher wrote:
clivej wrote:
Having said which, do go back and make sure you've not already got any of them without noticing.

Yep, we got her, but I don't remember getting that... I'll have to go through and reread some things.

Thanks.

If you want to know where to look:

Iirc, its on the 'scratch off when you find the virologist' card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slaybalj wrote:
bbacher wrote:
clivej wrote:

Thanks.

If you want to know where to look:

Iirc, its on the 'scratch off when you find the virologist' card.

Check LD-34.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.