Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I placed an order on Sept 2 and within 2 hours I realized I made a mistake, so I immediately emailed them and asked to cancel it. I also called but nobody answered and the automated system said to email them.

Today (3 days after my cancellation email) I got a shipping notification. I tried calling them again but again nobody answered, so I sent them another email.

What should I do now? Does anyone know if Cardhaus will process a full refund if I refuse the package as a last resort?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Cardhaus to be very frustrating. Their customer service is "great", as in they will take care of any problem you have... but it takes forever to get a hold of them, for any reason.

I'm not sure what I would do in your situation. You may not hear from them until after the package arrives, but they will eventually respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Miner
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you pay?

Credit card? Notify the CC company and send them proof of your sent email.

PayPal? Notify PayPay of your cancellation of the order and send them proof of your sent email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Aces
msg tools
Agree. They are late to respond.. I use Mm, csi, bgb, and now funagain. After converting to their points program of the latter the prices are on par if not cheaper now. Also, they carry hard to get games like dilluvia project, iki, the networks, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus has always had exceptional customer service for me.....but it is Labor Day weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
infi01 wrote:
I placed an order on Sept 2 and within 2 hours I realized I made a mistake, so I immediately emailed them and asked to cancel it. I also called but nobody answered and the automated system said to email them.

Today (3 days after my cancellation email) I got a shipping notification. I tried calling them again but again nobody answered, so I sent them another email.

What should I do now? Does anyone know if Cardhaus will process a full refund if I refuse the package as a last resort?

So on Friday of a holiday weekend you placed an order then 2 hours later you emailed to cancel it. What time (and timezone) did you send the email? If you didn't beat 4pm EST, you shouldn't expect your email to be read before Tuesday.

Today, 3 days later, is still part of that holiday weekend. Very likely customer service had the full 3 day weekend off and nobody has read your email. I'd say it's a bit surprising somebody was working shipping today, but I've gotten enough shipping notices on a Sunday it no longer surprises me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is Labor Day weekend, but it often doesn't matter with them. They take at least 3 days to respond on non-holidays as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:
Yes, it is Labor Day weekend, but it often doesn't matter with them. They take at least 3 days to respond on non-holidays as well.

Not for me they don't...and I've emailed them multiple times. I am sorry that has been your experience though and that does stink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They probably just purchased a shipping label and put it in for your order, likely not dropped off/picked up for shipment yet. So, there's still time for them to cancel. But yes, tell your CC/Paypal and then return to sender or ask CH how to send back if it does show up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
National holiday. It didn't ship. Call them tomorrow morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience with their customer service has been great. Kasey is always responding to my crazy demands to switch my order around and does so quickly. That and the e-friendly peanuts make it my go to.

As others have noted, I think your experience is due to the timing and the fact that it's not a huge operation like, say Amazon. If it's just processing you should be good to cancel, hope it works out for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jusst call them tomorrow. It'll get taken care of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Albaqsami
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same issue here, I mistakenly ordered 2 copies of the Grizzled expansion rather than one, a simple fix. I emailed a few hours later in addition to calling several times. No response.

I just got an email that they shipped everything and provided a tracking number!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
What time (and timezone) did you send the email? If you didn't beat 4pm EST, you shouldn't expect your email to be read before Tuesday.

1:47PM PST on Friday, so 4:47pm ET

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yatescory wrote:
lwdgames wrote:

Not for me they don't...and I've emailed them multiple times. I am sorry that has been your experience though and that does stink.

Their default response time to any e-mail I have sent on a Friday is Monday or Tuesday. I honestly don't doubt I have sent a minimum of 10-15 e-mails as I like to have an item on preorder and then add to the order over time. I don't recall ever getting an e-mail until Monday or Tuesday. Calling is a joke. "Please use e-mail instead." They even state this on their website. Yes, they will bend over backwards to fix stuff, hence "great customer service", but I have yet to see any company remotely as bad as them in terms of timely communication when weekends are involved. To me it is simply non-existent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
...but I have yet to see any company remotely as bad as them in terms of timely communication when weekends are involved. To me it is simply non-existent.

It's a weekend. They shouldn't respond.

10x this for a holiday weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
matthean wrote:
...but I have yet to see any company remotely as bad as them in terms of timely communication when weekends are involved. To me it is simply non-existent.

You've never worked in retail have you? They shouldn't respond to e-mails during normal weekends when they are open? That is the definition of poor customer service. Again, try calling them and see how consistent you are in getting through. You won't be. If they aren't responding to e-mails in a timely matter as that is their primary virtually sole source of contact, then it is just going to create more irritate customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Albaqsami
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They processed and shipped my order on Monday, while my email was sent on Friday (in addition to calling them on Saturday, Sunday and Monday).

They responded to my email on Tuesday.

I guess they ship during the holiday but respond/check emails during the weekdays only.

My bad, I should double check my order before committing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
According to my tracking info, the label was created on 9/5 but the origin scan didn't happen until 5:32pm on 9/6. So, I think there was enough time to cancel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
matthean wrote:

You've never worked in retail have you? They shouldn't respond to e-mails during normal weekends when they are open? That is the definition of poor customer service. Again, try calling them and see how consistent you are in getting through. You won't be. If they aren't responding to e-mails in a timely matter as that is their primary virtually sole source of contact, then it is just going to create more irritate customers.

My most humorous (and by humorous, I mean irritating) interaction with Cardhaus is when they had a holiday weekend sale similar to this one, and in the announcement, they specifically told people that they will be responding to e-mail throughout the sale, to provide the best customer service that they possibly can. I sent them a question about a sale item on the day before the sale started. They didn't respond to me until one hour after the sale was over. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.