$20.00
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of you already know the Custodian/Targa Pylon set adds standard Threat cards which can place Targa Pylons in the Mines. I'm wondering why they would be there. Any theories?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Caine
msg tools
Custodians of Targa explains it - any Custodians in the mines start to Targafy the mines by doing things like adding pylons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Placed there by the Ancient Targans to guard the gates leading to their world?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! Max is right. I just went back and read the intro flavor text to the Custodians and it's right there. Philip provides a good theory as to why the Custodians would do it. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if you really didn't like the idea of pylons in the mine, you could just leave the card out of your threat deck, making them a 'Targa Exclusive'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Maximillian_Caine wrote:
...Custodians in the mines start to Targafy the mines...

Perhaps it is because I am new to Shadows of Brimstone, but I did not realize there was a verb form of the word 'Targa'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
jtspecial wrote:
But if you really didn't like the idea of pylons in the mine, you could just leave the card out of your threat deck, making them a 'Targa Exclusive'.

I thought the only Mine Threat cards with pylons also comes with custodians, right? So that should explain things neatly enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's kinda cool in that it opens up some opportunities for quick custom mini-adventures.

Based off of your last visit through the gate to Targa (plot device based on success or failure etc), maybe the Targa custodians followed your trail back through the the gate, and while you are drinking at the local saloon, they are steadily taking over the mine. If you are playing any sort of campaign style set up, the extent may depend on how long your town stay is.

Now you have another mission, to deal with the threat and blow up the gate or something.

Fun stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Caine
msg tools
robwrigley wrote:
Maximillian_Caine wrote:
...Custodians in the mines start to Targafy the mines...

Perhaps it is because I am new to Shadows of Brimstone, but I did not realize there was a verb form of the word 'Targa'.

It took me a while to find a decent version of this, but here you go robwrigley, this one's for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Omg. Thank you for that. Further proof that my entire life has been shaped and informed by Calvin and Hobbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did SO think of this, but I was too late to answer - sorry!
In German it's even nicer (IMHO) - roughly "Verbing skurrilifies language"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.