BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: Looking for some help/collaborator in my final draft rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Volodzko
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
So, I've been designing my game for about a year now. I'm pretty close to the testing phase but I'm still a bit unsure about my final draft on the entire game. I'm looking for someone to help me or look over my information for suggestions, mistakes, or anything. I tried playing it myself but when you've worked on something for a year you sometimes need an outside source for creation. So, if anyone is interested in helping me please let me know. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Philip
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Whats the games theme and main mechanics? I may be able to help out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taela Sky
msg tools
Do you have a rules sheet or video of the game play?

You said that you've been working on the game for a year. I'm correctly understanding that you have not play tested the game yet with others. If so I highly recommend doing so, even if just with friends and family.

As I've worked on my game, I've found it to be quite an iterative process, very much the inspect and adapt cycle. But a better game for it.

If you can send more information I'd be happy to check it out for you. If you have a pnp, I'd also be happy to print it out and play test it with my friends.

Liz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Volodzko
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Game theme is post-apocalyptic rpg. The are many mechanics within the game. It's quite in-depth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Volodzko
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I have designed the game board, cards, logo, components. I also have a component guide and a rule book. All are in the final draft. How do I share it? And what's a pnp? I've only mentally laid out all rules and components. I haven't even play tested it once yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Dawson-Ruiz
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
PnP means print and play. In other words its a file that we can download and print, then cut out and assemble all the pieces to play your game.

You will probably want to make yourself a prototype first and try it out a few times to make sure everything works the way you want it, then there is a forum here where you can ask people to print a copy and playtest it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.