Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
There is no try
badge
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all:

I am a casual Dice Masters player; my FLGS does different team challenges on Thursday nights, so I don't spend time going after super competitive teams, and every once in a while we will do a draft.

They are having a 15% off everything Dice Masters set this month, and so I have decided since I have some credit there, I want to get a gravity feed, since I have never done one before. I am just wondering if I should branch into another set or get a gravity feed for an existing set I have, so I figure I would come post here for advice.

I am pretty into 'theme' with these, and all that really means is that I am much more a fan of Marvel characters than DC, save Green Lantern.

Here is what I have:

Avengers v. X-Men:Starter and a sizable amount of other dice (aware can't get gravity feeds for this one)
Uncanny X-Men: Just starter set
Age of Ultron: Starter set and a fair amount of other dice/cards
War of Light: About 75-80% of the entire set
World's Finest: Starter set and a handful of other dice/cards
TMNT: Have the box (and know there isn't a gravity feed, but including just in case)
Civil War: A few cards from a rainbow draft, but no starter set

I would be fine getting the starter set for a set I didn't have (i.e., Civil War or Spiderman) in addition to the Gravity feed.

Thoughts? Any sets that don't mix well with others (I had heard this about Spider Man). Does it not matter since I don't play competitively? Any advice is appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spider-Man is a lot of fun, definitely has some decent theme teams, but if you're looking to get an entire feed I would be aware that there were some known distribution problems with some feeds for this specific set (an overwhelming amount of duplicate packs). That may be something to consider.

UXM has a bunch of staple cards (like Professor X with his powerful Global Ability), if you specifically like X-Men theme it's a good choice.

Civil War is a pretty good solid set, lots of fun and pretty well balanced.

Be aware that if you care, Green Arrow and The Flash is coming out this Wednesday, and will be gravity-feed only (no Starter Set) with a free blank sketch card for Barry Allen with the purchase of a feed. In addition to this, this set will be the first to have foil cards randomly distributed in packs (unknown exact ratio, but seems like maybe 1 every 5-7 packs). That might be something to consider. The set looks like a lot of fun as well, even more so if you like the TV shows on the CW Network. It also fleshes out some more of the previous affiliations in DC (Justice League, JSA, Teen Titans, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.