Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card finally made an appearance in tonights game. As written, it says after you take your action, you may Drop & Budget. And the icon shows its a permanent effect. Um.... does this mean a constant supply of tons of money or viewers multiple times per season for its owner ? I believe thats how its written, and if so, its crazy.

Season 2 ... Person takes an action.... Grabs 10 million after. Next turn, same thing. Repeat. then starts taking the 5 viewers instead of the cash. In no time they have 100 million in front of them, and is way out in front having the viewers that no one can catch.

Cant imagine this is intended, so please someone clarify ! Ty !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
This card finally made an appearance in tonights game. As written, it says after you take your action, you may Drop & Budget. And the icon shows its a permanent effect. Um.... does this mean a constant supply of tons of money or viewers multiple times per season for its owner ? I believe thats how its written, and if so, its crazy.

Season 2 ... Person takes an action.... Grabs 10 million after. Next turn, same thing. Repeat. then starts taking the 5 viewers instead of the cash. In no time they have 100 million in front of them, and is way out in front having the viewers that no one can catch.

Cant imagine this is intended, so please someone clarify ! Ty !

Obviously if you drop and budget you are passing and aren't playing any more in that Season...

What that card allows you to do is that when you take an action and you know you don't want to take anymore actions you can now Drop & Budget... so this saves you one action that you would have otherwise to wait to everyone play a turn and then you did your drop and budget.

This can be very good because you are saving an action and that means that you have a better shot of being one of the first players to Drop and Budget (passing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ty so much Paulo. I eventually came to the same conclusion later on in the game. I appreciate the response ! (Fan of your work w/Rahdo by the way )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
Ty so much Paulo. I eventually came to the same conclusion later on in the game. I appreciate the response ! (Fan of your work w/Rahdo by the way )

Glad to help and thank you for the kind words
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.