Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Price
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

I'm in the process of creating Photoshop CC templates for the Power up Evolution cards and thought I'd just show a quick preview. I've redrawn nearly everything (frames, species icons etc.) to make sure the images are as clean and sharp as possible.

You can see a preview below, it's at a much lower resolution than the actual templates but gives a good indication of how they look - click the thumbnail to see a larger version (the preview is only at 150dpi, the template is 600dpi).

These previews only have solid colour frames but to add patterns/images to the frames you simply have to add the image to the appropriate folder.

Some of the fonts used are not the original fonts as I wanted to use free fonts only but I think the substitute font's I have chosen are a fairly good match and most people wouldn't notice.

I should have the templates finished soon, they mainly just need some tidying and I will also add a few frame patterns. I will upload them here once ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coran Sloss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Those look awesome! Could I get a Digital type one for my Agumon? Logo should be loosely based on this: http://static.tumblr.com/d9d790f3c529378f2adc0480bd004e82/fb...

Also, if you want a better name for the 4th type, might I suggest "Spook".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Price
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dracomageat wrote:
Those look awesome! Could I get a Digital type one for my Agumon? Logo should be loosely based on this: http://static.tumblr.com/d9d790f3c529378f2adc0480bd004e82/fb...

Thanks, no promises but I'll see what I can do. Does it need it's own species though? - Couldn't it fit under one of the official species for example - Mutant.

dracomageat wrote:

Also, if you want a better name for the 4th type, might I suggest "Spook".
These are all the official species from the game, the fourth kind "Halloween" comes from the Halloween expansion and it specified that that is the species in the rules. However it doesn't really matter as those 'Names' on the template are just a place holder, you would actually replace these with the monsters name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coran Sloss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I knew they would be replaced but I was not aware they were official species names, thanks.

Agumon could be argued to be Mutant or his later forms Robot but, canonically, he is neither. He's just a natural denizen of the digital world, constantly referred to as a "Digital Monster". Hence that seeming like it should be his species.
Weirdly, invader might actually make the most sense out of the existing types...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Price
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Coran,

I've a made you a 'Digital Species' template. I've made a new icon rather than using the Digimon one you linked to as I think a more generic digital type would be better as others may use it for videogame characters etc. (I think KOT needs Donkey Kong ).

Preview image is below, click it to see a larger version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Price
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I should be ready to release this soon. I'm just making some adjustments as at the moment it isn't compatible with earlier versions of Photoshop and I'm assuming most people won't have Photoshop cc.

Out of interest is anybody interested in these who doesn't use photoshop?
If so I can maybe look into possible alternatives for those users.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coran Sloss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks. I said "loosely based on" rather than identical to, I think what you've done meets that discription.
Some might argue that The King is somewhat representative of DK though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Price
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dracomageat wrote:
Some might argue that The King is somewhat representative of DK though.

yes and no - both obviously based on King Kong. But for Donkey Kong I was thinking of it being based on the original Arcade game version (big and blocky) with evolution cards inspired by the arcade game which could be very different to the 'King' evolution cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark walsh
United Kingdom
Salisbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ruckage wrote:
I should be ready to release this soon. I'm just making some adjustments as at the moment it isn't compatible with earlier versions of Photoshop and I'm assuming most people won't have Photoshop cc.

Hi, any idea when you will release these templates? I just came back from Essen with a Rosy Pony promo which really needs some evolutions if it is to see any play in our house!

Also is it possible to release in a paint shop pro format? If not hopefully I can convert, psp is a bit hit and miss at opening Photoshop files.

Great work by the way, the templates look great so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laos the Lurking
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ruckage wrote:

Hi, I'd love to use your templates if you provide them for a non-photoshop user (I did my evolution cards for King of New York in paint.net and MS word)

WoofMcMoose wrote:
Hi, any idea when you will release these templates? I just came back from Essen with a Rosy Pony promo which really needs some evolutions if it is to see any play in our house!

Do you already have ideas in mind? I made a first attempt for 8 evolutions, but they need to be translated and probably weakened, since some could be really too overpowered ^^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Price
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry for the delay, there didn't seem to many people interested in them so I hadn't rushed to get them finished and uploaded but I will zip them up and get them uploaded to BGG soon.

Regarding non photoshop versions I'll see what I can do but they will be more limited due to lack of layer effects in other programs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laos the Lurking
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me personal I would be totally happy when you can provide blank cards without text for each of the three monster types (Alien, Mutant, Robot). The colour should be easily modified with paint.net aswell by myself

Thanks anyway for your nice work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ruckage wrote:
Regarding non photoshop versions I'll see what I can do but they will be more limited due to lack of layer effects in other programs.

Do you have the option to "Save As..." an older version in Photoshop? If so, Paint Shop Pro might be more likely to be able to read them. It definitely supports layers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Price
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CrawlingLaos wrote:
For me personal I would be totally happy when you can provide blank cards without text for each of the three monster types (Alien, Mutant, Robot). The colour should be easily modified with paint.net aswell by myself

Thanks anyway for your nice work!

No problem, I can certainly just provide blank PNG files of each card type if needed.

drathbun wrote:
Do you have the option to "Save As..." an older version in Photoshop? If so, Paint Shop Pro might be more likely to be able to read them. It definitely supports layers.

Yes, the format I'm using is a more compatible PSD which should work in most programs that support PSD files. The layers will load without issue however 'layer styles' are a different thing that I think is only realy supported in photoshop itself. This adds effects such outlines, bevels, glows etc. Without layer style support these effects won't show, so for example the coloured outlines used for the card titles etc. would be missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laos the Lurking
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WoofMcMoose wrote:
I just came back from Essen with a Rosy Pony promo which really needs some evolutions if it is to see any play in our house!

Though theses are work in progress and only done with my very basic paint.net skills, you might like to take a look on my evos for Rozy Pony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rush
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Is there somewhere I can download the templates from? The original Power Up expansion is near impossible to find for a reasonable price and I was hoping to just make my own cards while I wait for the new one to come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coran Sloss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Any more updates on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.