4 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Audio version of the Capt'n Booke - Request rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alain Birtz
Canada
flag msg tools
Is anyone has the time and skill to record the whole Capt'n Booke? I would gladly pay to bring it around the table.

I used one audio book for Mice and Mystic and it really helped the immersion.

Our group members don't speak English that well nor are actors. I feel like a part of Seafall enjoyment comes from the story and the narration, and that a well done Audio book will improve the whole experience. I even surprised is not our yet.

Great thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrBirtz wrote:
Is anyone has the time and skill to record the whole Capt'n Booke? I would gladly pay to bring it around the table.

I used one audio book for Mice and Mystic and it really helped the immersion.

Our group members don't speak English that well nor are actors. I feel like a part of Seafall enjoyment comes from the story and the narration, and that a well done Audio book will improve the whole experience. I even surprised is not our yet.

Great thanks.
How would this work? Many audio tracks, one for each entry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Birtz
Canada
flag msg tools
Phelanpt wrote:
How would this work? Many audio tracks, one for each entry?

One file per entry, you select the entry to play from the list. Probably going to look at the entry in the book also, I don't know if there is pictures or maps in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
This could be an interesting project, but could also be very time consuming (and by extension, expensive) depending on exactly how much text is in there.

I did recordings of the Dead of Winter mission intros last year: Dead of Winter - Main Objective Stories - Dramatic Read

I do like doing this sort of thing, especially when the magic words 'gladly willing to pay' are involved. ;^) But it would be challenging, including the fact that I'd like to play the game someday, and reading the whole book might spoil it just a bit!

Anyway, I'm open to at least discussing the possibility. Feel free to GM me about details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.