$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Liberty or Death: The American Insurrection» Forums » Rules

Subject: Brilliant Stroke trumping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eagerly awaiting the p500...

I'm a little confused about how Brilliant Strokes cards can "trump" each other. Here's the text:

Quote:
TRUMPING BRILLIANT STROKE CARDS: Trumping is the act of playing a Faction’s Brilliant Stroke card to cancel a just-played Brilliant Stroke card. (The Trump card takes the place of the Trumped card and is executed as if it had been played first.) A Trumped Brilliant Stroke card is returned to its owner for possible use later. The
Treaty of Alliance Brilliant Stroke card may Trump another Faction’s Brilliant Stroke card. The Indian Faction may Trump another
Faction’s Brilliant Stroke card (excluding the Treaty of Alliance Brilliant Stroke card); The French Faction may Trump the Patriots or British; British may Trump the Patriots; Patriots may not Trump.


1. Can a Brilliant Strokes card that has been used to Trump another card be Trumped itself? For example, if the British use their Brilliant Stroke to trump the Patriots' Brilliant Stroke, could the French then use their Brilliant Stroke to trump the British card?

2. In what order are Trump decisions made? Let's again say the Patriots play Brilliant Stroke. Can the Indians wait to see if the Brits or the French want to trump the card before playing their own card? I can imagine the decision order might go Patriots-British-French(Brilliant Stroke)-Indians-French(Treaty of Alliance) based on the increasing power of these cards to trump the cards of other factions, but I'm really not sure how it's all supposed to work.

3. Could the French use Treaty of Alliance to trump a Brilliant Stroke card that was itself used to trump France's earlier play of Brilliant Stroke?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Daravon wrote:
1. Can a Brilliant Strokes card that has been used to Trump another card be Trumped itself? For example, if the British use their Brilliant Stroke to trump the Patriots' Brilliant Stroke, could the French then use their Brilliant Stroke to trump the British card?

Yes, as long as everyone is eligible to use their own cards.

Quote:
2. In what order are Trump decisions made? Let's again say the Patriots play Brilliant Stroke. Can the Indians wait to see if the Brits or the French want to trump the card before playing their own card? I can imagine the decision order might go Patriots-British-French(Brilliant Stroke)-Indians-French(Treaty of Alliance) based on the increasing power of these cards to trump the cards of other factions, but I'm really not sure how it's all supposed to work.

It's whomever wants to trump (and is able to) can trump, as long as the current 1st Eligible hasn't taken an action. Generally, you give others a reasonable amount of time to decide, but that's up to you.

Quote:
3. Could the French use Treaty of Alliance to trump a Brilliant Stroke card that was itself used to trump France's earlier play of Brilliant Stroke?

Yes. ToA has priority over all other BSs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Fowler is correct as usual.

I would add that the French cannot play the Brilliant stroke until after the TOA has been played. But, the TOA cannot be trumped.

HB
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.