4 Posts

Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Routing with units within 5 hexes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Autieri
United States
flag msg tools
I say what's on my mind, that's why I'm silent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a newcomer to this series, having jumped on the later Kickstarter to get these games. I've been enjoying them so far, but have a few rules questions. One that has me confused is the rules for taking a check in the route phase.

Under the criteria for taking the check the rules state that if my unit is in the open and there's a unit within 5 hexes and LOS then I take a morale check.

This does not say ENEMY unit. So if I've pushed a unit forward that ends up in the open for some reason, and I have LOS to one of my own units within 5 hexes, then I take a morale check.

Is that the correct interpretation or was this a rules typo? Thanks for any help offered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Autieri wrote:
I'm a newcomer to this series, having jumped on the later Kickstarter to get these games. I've been enjoying them so far, but have a few rules questions. One that has me confused is the rules for taking a check in the route phase.

Under the criteria for taking the check the rules state that if my unit is in the open and there's a unit within 5 hexes and LOS then I take a morale check.

This does not say ENEMY unit. So if I've pushed a unit forward that ends up in the open for some reason, and I have LOS to one of my own units within 5 hexes, then I take a morale check.

Is that the correct interpretation or was this a rules typo? Thanks for any help offered!

I think it is missing the enemy unit. Makes the most sense to me and I've played it that way.

Keith t
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, enemy unit. It is correct on the Player Aid Card and I just added a note to clarify that in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Autieri
United States
flag msg tools
I say what's on my mind, that's why I'm silent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks both for the fast answer! I figured as much, but wanted to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.