Hide
7 Posts

Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Search Action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernest Chacon
msg tools
I understand you can search multiple times with the same character and if you search each time you add a noise token but what if you use two dice for two searches with the same character, do I still add a noise token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh aka "OssianGrr"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Each "Search Action" is a separate thing, and each one adds noise tokens independently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Lauke
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Sponsored by AR147
mb
Quote:

Actions that require an Action Die:
To perform a search, a player must choose a survivor he controls and spend an action die equal to or higher than the search value of that survivor. He may then draw 1 card from the item deck of the location that survivor is on, looking at it but not yet adding it to his hand. He may then choose to either:
• add that card to his hand and end his search action, or
make noise by placing a noise token on an empty noise space at his location to draw and look at an additional card. He may draw additional cards as long as there are still empty noise spaces for the corresponding noise tokens.

means ... you can do a search action with one die and take one card. If you want to take more than 1 card to choose from, beacaus the founded card is grab, you have to put a noise token for every additional card you want to look at in this search action. But you only keep one card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Jordan Kane"]
Quote:

means ... you can do a search action with one die and take one card. If you want to take more than 1 card to choose from, beacaus the founded card is grab, you have to put a noise token for every additional card you want to look at in this search action. But you only keep one card.

However, if the player wants to spend an additional die to search as a separate action, they can do so and get one card, just as in you example above.

two dice for two separate searches for 2 cards and no noise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Chacon
msg tools
K, thank you. I just wasn't sure if you could search with two separate dice with the same character for one turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theonetocall wrote:
K, thank you. I just wasn't sure if you could search with two separate dice with the same character for one turn.

Yes, you can do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theonetocall wrote:

Yes you can, just make sure to complete the first search before working on the second. also remember that if you make noise, you must place the cards not chosen on the bottom of the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.