Hide
8 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Will there be a dominion aniversary edition, with all expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Art B
msg tools
2018 is coming up, and will be the 10 year anniversary of this great game. Does anybody think there will be an anniversary edition for the game, or are there rumors floating around that I do not know of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A promo seems more likely. Maybe something with a cost of 10.

I can't think of what they'd put in an omnibus edition. Future expansions would have to be compatible with both the original releases and the "anniversary edition", which means no changing the cardstock or the design on the back or anything. We already have metal coins and VP markers. How do you make somebody who already owns all of Dominion want to buy it again in a single box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jensen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
How do you make somebody who already owns all of Dominion want to buy it again in a single box?

Pre-sleeve all the cards!

And a nice storage solution/system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Martin
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
That would be awesome if they were to do so. I don't think they would be doing that because they are still making expansions for the game at this time. They would have to give people a reason to buy everything while pretty much every expansion can still be bought. I would guess maybe on the 20 year mark, maybe even the 15 year mark. But even then, it would be hard to say how much of a demand for a anniversary edition because for most of the people who love the game already have access to the game. But who know what will happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still hoping for more Alchemy cards. Alchemy and potions are awesome, with the only problem being not enough potion-costing cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Swantner
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What anniversary? The 8th?!?
Or are you thinking 2 years ahead to the 10th?
I think the only rumors of that are what you are creating here.

But, what others said, what would you put in this "anniversary edition"?
I don't know that I'd be interested in much more than a storage solution. Though I'm even hesitant at that since they all get outgrown eventually.
Special tokens? We've already got metal. Though I suppose they could have done better with the Adventures tokens, but that's just the one expansion.

Now they could have an anniversary expansion. But that wouldn't really be an anniversary expansion as much as it would be an expansion that just happened to be released in a milestone anniversary year.

So what do you think said "anniversary edition" would entail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to buy a premium expandable storage solution, or an expansion that came with a few extra cards from the theme of each existing expansion, maybe without the associated bits. So more debt cards or potion cards, or cards that give you victory tokens or coin tokens. Cards that interact with shelters or colonies without including those cards in the set. I know Donald X has said he's reticent to do something like this in the past, so it probably won't happen, but maybe an anniversary expansion would be the right venue.

And I think it would be possible to offer the whole set of dominion in a single box without aiming it towards people who already own everything. Some of the expansions are old, and it might be nice for there to be an option for people to buy everything at once. There probably isn't a huge market for this, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Closest thing to consolidation we have is how Cornucopia and Guilds were combined into one, large box set, and Dominion Big Box consisting of base game, Alchemy, and Prosperity before that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.