$30.00
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Watch it Played is doing another drive for support of the excellent video run throughs of games. Pledging support comes with perks - promo cards. This season has plenty of brand new promo cards, including one for Above and Below.

By pledging your support to Rodney, he’ll be able to keep making fantastic videos. And as a bonus, you get an exclusive promo card for the game you love!

Here's what it looks like:

https://goo.gl/Dn7lbL

The Indiegogo campaign is here:

https://goo.gl/gNrxXq
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks nice but $20 for one card is way to expensive for my taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
txnull wrote:

Understood, but to be fair, the $20 is for the campaign and the promo is a bonus. It is not like the promo is being old for $20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Saluga
United States
Ramsey
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:
txnull wrote:

Understood, but to be fair, the $20 is for the campaign and the promo is a bonus. It is not like the promo is being old for $20.

They also hit the stretch goal that allows an additional promo to be added to the pledges that provide promos. So the $20 pledge gets you two promos (or the Rodney Dead of Winter since it counts as two because of its size).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:
txnull wrote:

Except that if you don't like Rodney's videos, you are essentially paying $20 to get the card. (Fortunately for me I'm not a "have to have everything" kind of person.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm REALLY sick of this trend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

What trend, reviewers asking for contributions for providing a FREE service with no other compensation for their time? I think it's pretty smart: you can enjoy the service for free, or pay a little for it and get a nice bonus.

Hell, $20 for two promos of your choice is way better than the Dice Tower's policy of "pay $100 for a bunch of stuff you don't need and you can get the one promo you actually want."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak for what trend Magic Pink is referring to specifically, although I, too, despise backer-only exclusive gameplay content. Aesthetic stuff, like alternate artwork or "deluxe" components that don't have actual gameplay impact are fine, but something that has a gameplay effect? I try to avoid those kickstarters, for the most part. (There have been a few exceptions, but I've passed on far more than I've jumped in on).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, let the completists' gnashing of teeth begin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Knight wrote:
Ah, let the completists' gnashing of teeth begin!

Well, to be fair to Ryan, at least with Near & Far, he didn't do any kickstarter exclusives, and he did make his Above & Below exclusives available through the N&F kickstarter, too.

And I have seen another game with some kickstarter exclusives that made those exclusives available during the kickstarter for the expansion.

Still don't like the idea, but at least those two instances showed they were more interested in getting their stuff to gamers than arbitrarily limit gameplay content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Well, to be fair to Ryan, at least with Near & Far, he didn't do any kickstarter exclusives, and he did make his Above & Below exclusives available through the N&F kickstarter, too.
You're almost right: the coins in N&F are exclusive and in A&B the wooden tokens were exclusive and couldn't be bought through the N&F campaign. But both are only optical changes to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

This is one of those responses that makes me think BGG needs an :eyeroll: emoticon...

Really? You DON'T want publishers to offer additional content? This is Red Raven Games helping out someone who contributes a great deal to our hobby and it's a GOOD thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.