Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to mention that an update to the app went out this afternoon on Android and is in review with Apple. It contains the first pack of 3 expansions for those who would like to change up the game a little bit.

Let me know if you have any problems with the update. This as been one of the most challenging releases in my 20+ year career as a programmer. Lots of new stuff, lots of somewhat crazy stuff.

Next up will be a pumping up of the CPU Stengel AI to have a Easy and Medium skill level. He's going to make more intelligent purchase/demotion decisions and order his offensive cards a little bit better.

And after that, the Coaches and Rally Cap expansions will go in and will be available separately, rather than bundled together like these three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh YESSSSSSSSS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
Just to mention that an update to the app went out this afternoon on Android and is in review with Apple. It contains the first pack of 3 expansions for those who would like to change up the game a little bit.

Let me know if you have any problems with the update. This as been one of the most challenging releases in my 20+ year career as a programmer. Lots of new stuff, lots of somewhat crazy stuff.

Next up will be a pumping up of the CPU Stengel AI to have a Easy and Medium skill level. He's going to make more intelligent purchase/demotion decisions and order his offensive cards a little bit better.

And after that, the Coaches and Rally Cap expansions will go in and will be available separately, rather than bundled together like these three.

Great work and my most played app of 2016. Keep the improvements and expansions coming. THANK YOU!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kenigsberg

Dix Hills
New York
msg tools
Great news! Glad to hear about work on the AI too. Looking forward to the expansions. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dabrowski
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all the expansions are an immediate buy for me.

What do the green checkmarks mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes thanks so much. Love this app so much. I play it on the iPad. On iPhone 6+ think the scrolling hurts my eyes but I'm very stoked for these expansions which are namely???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unhandyandy wrote:
Thanks, all the expansions are an immediate buy for me.

What do the green checkmarks mean?

Your support means a lot to me. It's been quite an adventure trying to do this full-time.

The green check marks mean that the Immediate Action on the card is useful.

Some of the new cards have complex immediate actions that require you to dive into your In Play discards to see what cards you've already played. The green checkmark is there as a convenience so you don't have to do that as often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbass wrote:
Yes thanks so much. Love this app so much. I play it on the iPad. On iPhone 6+ think the scrolling hurts my eyes but I'm very stoked for these expansions which are namely???

The expansions are Hitters, Magna Gloves and Pitchers. There's basically 10 new Robots, 10 new Cyborgs and 10 new Naturals with a bunch of new Immediate action types. The new Robots, in particular, are a lot of fun.

Some of you will probably disagree with me here, but in retrospect I think that coding this for phone screens under 6" or so was probably a mistake. I'm beginning to prepare for my next big project and I'm really wrestling with the question as to whether I'll do phones for that one.

I've completely destroyed my eyesight in the past two weeks spending hours and hours testing on a 4" screen. I'm going to take it easy for the next few days and hopefully the eyes will recover.

That said, making it work on phones did wake up the Android side of things and there are lots of sales coming from there now, while it was very quiet when it was tablet only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, I'll go buy the expansion in a minute.

Thank you for your great work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
I'm beginning to prepare for my next big project and I'm really wrestling with the question as to whether I'll do phones for that one.

May I ask whether your next project is also a board game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no update available for me yet in the AppStore, so I assume I can't buy the expansion yet? At least I can't find anywhere to buy it in the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apple is reviewing the update. With Android, I'm in charge.

mortenmdk wrote:
There's no update available for me yet in the AppStore, so I assume I can't buy the expansion yet? At least I can't find anywhere to buy it in the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
peterk1 wrote:
I'm beginning to prepare for my next big project and I'm really wrestling with the question as to whether I'll do phones for that one.

It most definitely is. That is the niche that I chose for this business idea. It's another fairly new game that came out a little after Baseball Highlights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Important note, if you want the update you have to explicitly go into Google Play to get it even if you have auto-update on. The change in permissions to allow in game purchases requires this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
Apple is reviewing the update. With Android, I'm in charge.

mortenmdk wrote:

Ah, OK, thanks, that explains it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
peterk1 wrote:

It most definitely is. That is the niche that I chose for this business idea. It's another fairly new game that came out a little after Baseball Highlights.

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to hearing what game it is, once you're ready to announce it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Peter!

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
peterk1 wrote:

Are you going to announce it (or at least a pointer to it) in a Baseball Highlights thread so we don't miss it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ziegeweid
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thrilled Peter! Can't wait for the update and I'll happily fork over some cash for the expansion cards. Keep 'em coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course. If it happens I won't be able to go public about it for about a year though. It really does take that long to do one of these things.

Just got the notice from the post office that my physical copy of the other game just arrived. It was out of print for quite a while.

On my morning jog I was daydreaming about a campaign mode in Baseball Highlights where you play a 30-40 game season and some teams are actually much weaker/stronger than others. You get a new free agent at the end of every 3 game series - winners get to choose before losers with no refresh of the free agent table after picks. Any interest in this sort of thing?

=======================

Just got a notice from Apple that they are reviewing the patch. If they don't reject it, that means it should be available later this afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ab Normal
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Campaign mode sounds like a lot of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ziegeweid
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, definitely interest in a campaign mode
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
any plans to make it available on the amazon kindle store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has (or had...I'm not sure if they've changed them) some policies which are not friendly to small developers so I'm afraid not right now. I may look into it again at some later date.

Namely, they can change the price of the app without my permission. It's a holdover from the way they run their bookselling business. Not a big deal if you're a big studio distributing a free app, but it could be deadly to me.

=================

Haven't heard anything from Apple yet. Normally the review process takes about 5 hours once they tell you that they've started, but it looks like the person doing it is saving it for tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
[q="mrbass"]
The expansions are Hitters, Magna Gloves and Pitchers.

Think you should name them in the Addon section. I spent quite amount of time trying to figure out the other two besides Magna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.