Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Say the Knight had gained the 35 cube from finding cave bread, then later in the game gains grit past 35, then later loses grit below 35. Do they put a cube back onto 35? Or do they not lose a cube until they drop past 26?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
You still lose a cube if you drop below one of the white spaces.

Cave Bread gives you access to that last one earlier than usual, but doesn't guarantee that you'll keep it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Had a feeling that would be the case, but wanted to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
What if they didn't go past the white space?

Ex:

33 grit. Bread gave me the 35. Later I lost 2 grit. Do I give back the 35? Technically I'm below the white space. Or do I only give it back if I went past it and then went back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing only if you were first at 35 or greater and then dropped below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:

Ex:

33 grit. Bread gave me the 35. Later I lost 2 grit. Do I give back the 35? Technically I'm below the white space. Or do I only give it back if I went past it and then went back?
Under normal circumstances you gain the yellow cube as soon as the red tracking cube hits the white space.

So, if you move up to the empty 35 sometime after having Cave Bread, then fall back to a lower number, you must return a cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to present in the promo pack a version of Cave Bread that gets rid of this edge case as an alternative for folks. The new text will be something to the effect of:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
zenxacred wrote:

Ex:

Under normal circumstances you gain the yellow cube as soon as the red tracking cube hits the white space.

So, if you move up to the empty 35 sometime after having Cave Bread, then fall back to a lower number, you must return a cube.

so i'll take that as a no on having to return the cube

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
I am going to present in the promo pack a version of Cave Bread that gets rid of this edge case as an alternative for folks. The new text will be something to the effect of:

ooh nice! looking forward to the promo pack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:

That is correct, you only loose one from dropping past a white space, not anytime your Grit drops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dsdhornet wrote:
zenxacred wrote:

That is correct, you only loose one from dropping past a white space, not anytime your Grit drops.
If your grit tracking cube made it into the 35 space or higher and then you dropped back down to 34 or lower, you'd have to return a cube.

The only difference from how that works normally is that in this case you had initially gained the yellow cube earlier, rather than when the tracking cube first moved to 35. Once you reach 35, it's back to normal like you'd never found Cave Bread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.