Wits & Wagers: Epic Geek Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Whats going on with this edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Cullen
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
I remember being pretty pumped for this game, but the price was high when it hit kickstarter. There were some other issues people had, some controversy for whatever reasons and then....Nothing. Silence. Kickstarter shut down and that was the last I heard of it.

Looks like there was a demo at gen con so it wasn't dropped completely, anyone try it? Any idea when it will get released? What is going on with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
We're still working on it. I think about it nearly every day. The goal is to have a Kickstarter in March and to release it at GenCon 2017.

But it's still up in the air. OUr company going through growing pains at the moment, so there are infrastructure issues that need to be tended to while we work on development of the game. North Star Games released an average of 1 game every 2 years for over 10 years. In 2016 we have already released 3 games! While that's not very many games for a company of our size (20 people), it's a lot more then we are used to. We prefer to spend an extra exorbitant amount of time and energy into getting a game exactly perfect before we release it. So while I cannot guarantee the release date, or even the name that we'll settle upon, I can guarantee that it'll be worth the wait. We're have some pretty amazing plans that we're cooking up. It's just needing to be reenvisioned from the ground up, and that takes time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cullen
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response Dominic! I think whats important is that you guys are in it for the long-haul. Take care of your company so you can continue to make great games in a positive environment! Everyone will still be here when you decide to release so take your time. I'm glad to see it wasn't shelved!

Can you tease us with some sample questions? Its been so long since I've played a quiz game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
We currently have 1,013 potential questions on our spreadsheet but we're very far away from making any decisions. We'll probably get the list up to 2k or 3k before culling it down to the best 250.

But I'm jumping way ahead of ourselves here. The first priority is to figure out the name of the game in conjunction with the concept for the game. Then we will redesign the game from the ground up with that concept in mind. The art, the game mechanics, and the questions will work hand in hand so that everything turns into a fully integrated whole.

The short answer is... no, I cannot tease you with any sample questions yet. Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dexter Ward
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will a heads-up be sent to backers of the cancelled kickstarter when the new kickstarter is active?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocrypha wrote:
Will a heads-up be sent to backers of the cancelled kickstarter when the new kickstarter is active?

Definitely. We're still working on it, but it's somewhat on the back burner as we figure out how to incorporate a bunch of new hires into the work flow. The game play architecture is solid which is the most important thing. Many of the special powers are solid too, but we are working on the art style, the characters, and a few other team play ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.