Subject: Effect of the card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Bryan
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I can't find it. If I have a card and the effect says decrease a type of production but I don't have that production at the moment. Can I still play it?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

Page 6

6. Requirement: Any requirement must be met in order to play the card. Some cards require a global parameter to have reached a certain level, while others can only be played while the parameter is still low (see example card). Some cards require that you have certain tags or production. (Note: In order to play the card you must also be able to perform the effects of the card, see page 9.) Note also that the requirement only needs to be fulfilled when playing the card, not when you use it later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Bryan
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I'm talking about the effect though not the requirement to play the card. The immediate effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that is answered here

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1623938/negative-immediate-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
Gamer_daddy wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I can't find it. If I have a card and the effect says decrease a type of production but I don't have that production at the moment. Can I still play it?

Thanks in advance

You always need to perform all effects on a card to be able to play it. (se exceptions in the rules) You need to lower your production if the card says so, or you can't play the card.
This means that you sometimes need to play some cards giving you the production you need to get other cards out..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.