Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Sibley
United Kingdom
Margate
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not played this game in a long while, but would love to play again. Anyone interested in a Vassal game either live or PBeM?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Aaron, the short answer is yes!

I've had this for a about a year but haven't got around to playing it yet. Never had it back in the day. I'd really like to give the Russia 1812 scenario a try. If you live anywhere near Nantwich perhaps we can actually get the pieces out on a table? Alternatively I'm fully Vassal savvy. I would much prefer realtime over one or two sessions rather than PBEM, if you're ok with that?

Are you wanting to use the updated rules? They sound as though they incorporate some sensible tweaks, but I'm easy either way. I'm happy to play either side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Sibley
United Kingdom
Margate
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Don
Unfortunately I live in Ramsgate near Dover. bit of a trek to play FTF. But yes would be interested in a live vassal game of either the 1809 or 1812 scenario. I will pm my email address to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chaps ... It's been a decade since I played, looking for anymore
players or is the 1812 campaign a 2player game?

Played a few Vassal-Kingmaker games, so familar with that ... Walts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Ljungberg
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A live Vassal game of War&Peace would be of intrest. Don´t have a lot of time and live in Sweden but if that is ok I am on.

/Erik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi recent posters! Aaron and I are arranging an 1809 game which looks to be a two player game. In fact, all of the scenarios except the campaign game look to be 2-player games - Aaron will correct if I am wrong there.

If anyone else would like to arrange a live Vassal 1812 game with me I would be delighted! I would like to use the 4th Ed. map and counters, as they are what Aaron and I will be using for 1809.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Sibley
United Kingdom
Margate
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed all the scenarios seem to be 2 player with the campaign being the acceptation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick West
Scotland
Colinton
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
The Game's About Glory
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own and have only played the original. In that version at least, some of the scenarios are worth playing but the campaign game is not - frankly that is a complete nonsense.

Have not vassel-ed yet but want to break that duck but realistically this is my busy time of year up to Xmas now so looking at the New Year if there is still interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.