Subject: Forum Full of Files rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Which files on BGG should a new player look at for Shadows? With 146 in Cities and 34 in Swamps its a but overwhelming. What should I D/L and print out for my first games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khaz
Philippines
Quezon City
flag msg tools
HexCrawl for sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For your first game?

There's a flowchart somewhere that covers combat/XP that could be useful.

Other than that, maybe a character sheet. There are lots of these to choose from. Just pick one you like the appearance/layout of and try it for a mission or two. If it doesn't end up having the functionality you want, try a different one.

I wouldn't bother with any variants (Hecrawl included) until you've played a few games and feel comfortable with the rules. By then you should be able to read the name and description of the files and tell if they're something that interests you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
What are you looking at?
mbmbmb
Adria wrote:
For your first game?

What she said...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Hex Crawl looks good, shockingly good, even, for a fan-made add-on. But it is a bigger bite than I'm ready to chew. How does it play? Is it balanced? Does 'balance' even mean anything in the context of Brimstone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.