Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Karnuth
United States
Fleming Island
Fl
flag msg tools
And now we wait.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just what the subject says; I like how all his styles start with "S". September now, getting close to go time for this! http://www.level99games.com/17-upcoming/181-trials-preview-d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why they switched from the awesome art of him with mussed up hair and his fists up to this bland, gangly, ill-proportioned abomination I'll never know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roswurm
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never saw that artwork, when was that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a different, and in my opinion far superior illustration that was being used during the playtests. It had a lot more character and a more dynamic pose, and suggested 'drunken, roguish brawler' whereas this illustration suggests 'Flynn Rider with gigantism if he worked as a bellhop'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roswurm
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, maybe they could use that artwork on some of the cards or interchange his standee when he drinks too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't bet on it. I can understand level99 Walton to save money on art assets, but I can't understand why they keep replacing existing good art with inferior new art.

Once you see the newest iteration of uleyle kinbhe, you'll see what I mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
I wouldn't bet on it. I can understand level99 Walton to save money on art assets, but I can't understand why they keep replacing existing good art with inferior new art.

Once you see the newest iteration of uleyle kinbhe, you'll see what I mean.

Sadly, I have to agree. Dareios is probably my favorite design in Trials (behind maybe Amon) but I don't like his new look at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roswurm
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoke with Brad, no worries, the before mentioned fighting pose artwork will be used for the final product for Dareios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. Any chance you can convince him to change Kimbhe from Blonde Beyoncé back to mighty sorceress?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.